The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oil temp sender sump nut

dr_jekyll

There is propably on fleebay but wont the sender be pretty low and propably scrape the asphalt every now and then?

Tought you used a sandwich plate, put it in there.

i might . im finding it hard to get a plate that will feed my oil cooler and have a thread for the sensor

craig i have one, got it on ebay about 4 quid.

works perfect, mine is a solid brass one but different to the others you normally see as mine is about an inch long.

and no it doesnt scrape the floor, as the sump key isnt on the bottom of the sump, its diagonally on the corner.

il see if i can get you the link of the part i have now......

EDIT:

here you go mate this is the style, i think its M14 thread size for the Sump, then 1/8 NPT for the gauge (they usually all 1/8NPT)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oil-Temperature-Sump-Plug-sensor-gauge-adapter-bung-M14-/280617377526?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4156195ef6

Edited by Lude (see edit history)

The sump plug tread is M12 x 1.25mm Craig.

Then you may fiqure out yourself what tread the oil temp sensor is, it may be 1/8 NPT, but another one used is M10 x 1.00mm as is mine, but its not such a common size and is a bit harder to track down.

I got my sump plug adaptor, plus a load of other very useful stuff from LMA Performance on your side of the pond, really nice bunch to deal with.

One other thing, be VERY careful when fitting the adaptor, they are not the strongest thing in the world, I snapped my first one with very little (for me) effort. Wherever you find one I strongly recommend buying a second just in case.