The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carp exhaust?

LOGIE

Well my NA's stock exhaust has finally gave up as well as the 2nd cat (damp garage floor during winter months) so ive just bought a cheap £170 toyosports to see me through the next few months i also bought a 3" decat off flea bay not holding out much hope on quality to be honest. Anyone else running about on any of these? any good?

http://www.toyosports.co.uk/toyota-supra-mk4-twin-turbo-jza80-catback-exhaust-16499-1020-p.asp

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-MK4-JZA80-2JZGTE-STAINLESS-STEEL-EXHAUST-2ND-DECAT-DOWNPIPE-PIPE-3-/350501640124?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AToyota%7CModel%3ASupra&hash=item519b8697bc

Ideally id like to have splashed out for an HKS silent exhaust but funds are needed for a TT lump

Edited by Gaz6002 (see edit history)

I just built my own custom exhaust for a Lexus GS300 by slotting and clamping bits from here. Flew through the MOT. :)

I used cheapo mild steel parts but they do stainless, too (both types of parts are available as clamp-together or weld-together and in every diameter you can think of).

I was so impressed with the results that I think if I ever change exhaust on any other car again I will do another DIY design & build job to my own specifications.

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

ok so after phone calls and e-mails chasing up my exhaust from toyosports ive been given a refund as they were "out of stock" when they sold it to me. So im onthe hunt again could anyone confirm that these are all the same as toyosports exhausts?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-MK4-2JZGTE-JZA80-3-92-02-STAINLESS-STEEL-CAT-BACK-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-/220915285976?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AToyota%7CModel%3ASupra&hash=item336f93bfd8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-MK4-2JZ-JZA80-1992-2002-STAINLESS-STEEL-CAT-BACK-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-/150734499940?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AToyota%7CModel%3ASupra&hash=item231879f064

from what ive read they are all exactly the same but just wanted to confirm. Thanks

Bit delayed from the OP but i have a ToyoSports system on my NA and it gives off a good sound, no stupid raspyness that some give off. Very happy with it

The staff at toyosports seem to be muppets and very unhelpful, If i hadn't chased up my order i dont think id have been given a refund.

The staff at toyosports seem to be muppets and very unhelpful, If i hadn't chased up my order i dont think id have been given a refund.

Mine came with the car so ive not had to deal with them. "Style" on here bought one off them for his NA after my suggestion and didnt seem to have any issues with them that i am aware of.

Gets a thumbs up from me for bang for buck value and only issue I've had is the fitment isn't great. Took a bit of convincing to get it sitting where it was meant to be then the rubber hanger broke under the strain so now its back sitting a bit daft.

So all in all its a good quality exhaust with a great noise too. Just be careful with fitting it really :)

FITS Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo 1992-2002 UK and Jap spec MK4 Toyota supra twin turbo non VVTI.

The flanges for the first cat are different on the J-spec and UK spec TT, might be worth checking they are sending you the correct one.