The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Number plate relocation...

Scutch0

Hey guys, I've ordered the smaller front plate from jurgen but I've decided to smooth off the number plate holes and relocate it, I'm going for a ww/RMM front lip on my stock bumper and considered using the recess on the front lip? But I'm not sure on the legality of that?

Or my second choice is to do something similar to this dc2?

Opinions? Recommendations?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?204814-The-Legal-Sizes-For-Import-Number-Plates-DVLA-Confirmed&highlight=small+front+number+plates

Read it carefully mate there is a loop hole for these but it does state its for import cars that the front bumper wont accomadate a large uk plate. I think.

I have a Jurgen plate on mine and no issue so far.

Asking for trouble haha

Rules state that if there is nowhere to LEGALLY fit a plate without it effecting the mechanics of the car you dont even need a plate, I dont run a front plate either, average speed cameras hold no fear for me !!!!, Ill take the £30 fine now and again.

Rules state that if there is nowhere to LEGALLY fit a plate without it effecting the mechanics of the car you dont even need a plate, I dont run a front plate either, average speed cameras hold no fear for me !!!!, Ill take the £30 fine now and again.

Nice! I didnt know that.

Have you got a source for that info Dude, just so I can shove it in piggy's face when they pull me over the next time?

Its with the rules and regs that can be downloaded from here if you can find em, its been discussed many times, like I said its only 'technically' 2 plod came in last night and were looking at the black car, they decided better going the it fell off route than that one, hence the very scratched plate behind the front seat.

Dude.. I ran without a plate for about a year and a half and got stopped twice .. both times they gave me a £60 fine .. on the second time by the same copper !! he told me the DVLA can send me a latter stating my number plate could be revoked !?!?! due to the police filing my car as not road legal .. I didnt want to risk it so i cable tied it back on to the mesh on my do-luck front.

Can the DVLA take your plate away for it not being on the car/shown in the correct manor ?

oh and the copper also said next time he see's me without a plate he will give me a £1000 fine and take me to court ?!?!

Dude.. I ran without a plate for about a year and a half and got stopped twice .. both times they gave me a £60 fine .. on the second time by the same copper !! he told me the DVLA can send me a latter stating my number plate could be revoked !?!?! due to the police filing my car as not road legal .. I didnt want to risk it so i cable tied it back on to the mesh on my do-luck front.

Can the DVLA take your plate away for it not being on the car/shown in the correct manor ?

oh and the copper also said next time he see's me without a plate he will give me a £1000 fine and take me to court ?!?!

They can only revoke the plate if its illegally spaced not missing, its not up the copper what you get fined or if it even goes to court, he is far less important than he imagines !!! LOL Prob not had any off his boyfriend for a while !!

Thats illegal, you may as well not have one !!!

HAHA this makes me laugh .. The copper that done me said it would be better if i got a stick on one exactly like the one in the picture above.. i asked if it had to be reflective etc and he said aslong as its visible and correctly spaced its fine.

Me thinks he doesnt really know what hes talking about and hasnt the foggiest on license plate laws.