The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hood scoop pic request please..

LOGIE

Hi folks this is mainly aimed at the UK spec guys but some j spec owners have retro fitted hood scoops. So I was hoping some kind member could take a pic in the scoop from under the bonnet just so i can see how it looks and whether it would be easy to retro fit. I would be fitting and cutting a hole not just bolting on the scoop if that makes sense.

Thanks for reading

The mounting holes for the scoop are in the underframe, drill through from underneath then mark out for hole on top side and spend a couple of nervous hours with the Dremmel.

Use polythene to tidy the underframe to bonnet and bolt on the scoop.

The job can be finished off nicely inside with a modified air-guide.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/album.php?albumid=351&attachmentid=121863

Edited by David P (see edit history)

i fitted one to my silver TT retro fitted on the old msoc forum i had pics of how i did it there used to be a template over there i have a scoop to fit now is there a template on here to print out? all bits ordered from mr T its a simple job id use a rotabroach or similar to rad the corners and cut the lines between the rads to remove the metal panel :D

039.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

051.jpg

049.jpg

Edited by jay200bhp (see edit history)

A hole that shape causes the inner skin to be stretched up to the bottom of the scoop when the nuts are tightened.

An O.E. U.K. bonnet hole shape wiggles around the bolt holes plus 10mm then is shaped down towards to the inner frame.

Cutting and drilling the hole(s) to a similar shape and after the polythene has cured gives the scoop clamping points something to draw up to for a proper fit.

The inner frame is flexibly attached by Mr T to the outer skin with Polythene, Screwfix sell a polythene product called "STICKS LIKE SH!T" and it does.

I will pm you my tel no and if you want I will explain why the pictures you have to copy are a bodge job.

I will remove my scoop and take a pic for you later today, then you will see what I am trying to say. :think:

In between a couple of hail-showers I whipped the scoop off and on again.

I found that the hole in mine was near as dammit the same, I had forgotten that the scoop has little extension legs that locate onto the back of the mounting holes in the inner frame.

This 'senior moment' included getting the parrots mixed up, :think: I meant poly urethane, I think Tigersealtypestuff is the code word.

Used this to re-bond skin to frame and brushed some paint on the bare alloy.

anodes 007.JPG anodes 006.JPG

i have the scoop not fitted hence i questioned you mate ......i could see the black plastic stepped legs for the scoop, i prefer my cut out with the radded corners though :p

thankks guys

In between a couple of hail-showers I whipped the scoop off and on again.

I found that the hole in mine was near as dammit the same, I had forgotten that the scoop has little extension legs that locate onto the back of the mounting holes in the inner frame.

This 'senior moment' included getting the parrots mixed up, :think: I meant poly urethane, I think Tigersealtypestuff is the code word.

Used this to re-bond skin to frame and brushed some paint on the bare alloy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150106[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]150105[/ATTACH]

Ideal David thanks for your help, not the first time you have helped me out either. You always have good info. Appreciated.

Not one of my best efforts, but thanks for the thanks.

i have the scoop not fitted hence i questioned you mate ......i could see the black plastic stepped legs for the scoop, i prefer my cut out with the radded corners though :p

thankks guys

As long as the hole fits under the scoop, you'll soon forget what it looked like, I had.