The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need Advice On What Clutch . . . . Pulling My Hair Out A Little

a98pmalcolm

Hay all. Some of may have seen a recent thread with a clutch issue I'm having, and I'm now at the point of I really need a clutch done.

I had a stage 4 6 puck Competition Clutch fitted 11 months ago now and its now slipping if I put any sort of boost down. In order to sort the issue I need to buy another clutch, have it fitted and then the one that's on the car now can be sent off for a warranty claim. If the claim is successful I guess they will reimburse be on the new clutch I have just paid to have fitted.

Now the problem I have is I have this massive worry that Competition Clutch will say "no sorry no warranty" even though the clutch can support 700BHP and I'm only 434BHP.

Competition Clutch have put the prices up so I'm looking at £700+ for a new clutch + fitting. And to be honest 1. I don't have that kind of money at the moment and 2. I wont want another competition clutch if they treat customers that way (in case it happens again)

So does anyone know of a good clutch company that will have a price of about £500ish for a decent clutch thats will support up 2 700BHP (so I'm ready for single turbo)

Just keeping every option open at the moment, this has been playing on my mind non stop.. Just want it sorted asap

Thanks

Paul

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Ok thanks Johnny. Shame yours isn't still available. I've sent a message to Titan. Hopefully will order it once they have got back to me.

I've just had the clutch master and slave cylinder replaced so that may help with the stiffness a little.

If anyone is selling a similar clutch if VGC let me know

Thanks

Paul

Edit: Been reading some great reviews on these RPS Clutches...

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Ok spoke to MVP and Titan and they have no RSP clutches at all. Cost me about £7 in calls but had to find out.. Was strange talking to the Americans

So my only option is to go for another Competition Clutch and hopefully this pressure plate (as there's loads of life left on the clutch it self) wont go again and that they will reimburse me on having to fork out again.

Paul