The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Knight racer

Scutch0

Don't be under the impression its just them that are a bad company. Most fibreglass after market kits require some modfications.

Mitchell had an AWEFUL job of fitment on his doluck bonnet, and ended up selling it due to not being able to get it fit. And that wasn't a knight racer product.

To be fair I've not dealt with knight racer. But pretty much 9 out of 10 comments related to the customer services rather than fitment.

Most fibreglass components can be made to fit with enough work, it's just if your prepared to give it some time and get it right. I bought an item recently and I had to get some major work on it done to suit my liking, but in the end its worth it. So you take your gamble.

I bought trail rear, TRD rear wing and ridox front bumper and skirts from Knight Racer and Rob Mitchell fitted them. He said that it was all pretty good, needed some work to fit but he was happy. I have heard of problems with after sales service but I didn't need to bother them. They delivered on time and did what I thought was a reasonable deal for the whole package.

My car is at Knight racer at the moment having a trial rear fitted. There has been a few hiccups but that was mainly down to the courier used initially (two deliveries and two damaged in transit). Albert offered to fit it and the only delay has been the bank holiday and a problem with the diffuser having to be redone. I'm picking it up tomorrow so will see how good it is (I have some photo's Albert sent me of a couple of stages during fitting/prep which look ok to me, there's also another supra next to it having skirts fitted) My experience with customer service so far has been positive and the quality looks fine, as people have said there's always some work to be done to get it perfect wherever you get it from. I know there is some people who have had bad experiences but as you can see there is also good ones as well. I might need to update this when I pick my car up but up to now, all good!

one off? :D

My car is at Knight racer at the moment having a trial rear fitted. There has been a few hiccups but that was mainly down to the courier used initially (two deliveries and two damaged in transit). Albert offered to fit it and the only delay has been the bank holiday and a problem with the diffuser having to be redone. I'm picking it up tomorrow so will see how good it is (I have some photo's Albert sent me of a couple of stages during fitting/prep which look ok to me, there's also another supra next to it having skirts fitted) My experience with customer service so far has been positive and the quality looks fine, as people have said there's always some work to be done to get it perfect wherever you get it from. I know there is some people who have had bad experiences but as you can see there is also good ones as well. I might need to update this when I pick my car up but up to now, all good!

Guest suprasteven

Hey thats my car!! :p

let me know how yours is as i have been reading all these stories and an worried stiff!!!

but same as Albert has be great with me over the phone and emails so far the pics have seemed good quality

Hey thats my car!! :p

let me know how yours is as i have been reading all these stories and an worried stiff!!!

but same as Albert has be great with me over the phone and emails so far the pics have seemed good quality

will do, I was a bit worried at the start, I'll put some pictures up too if anyone's interested

new trial rear...jpg

20120421_141738 (500x375).jpgtaking shape...jpg

Hopefully photos attached. Car back and looking good. Fitment and finish pretty good, I did have a few hiccups with the lacquer so it took longer than planned, but customer service from Albert and Mark has been good throughout. I have had to spend all day cleaning the car inside and out and did expect them to do this before I collected so that was only disappointment thing. I certainly didn't have the experience some have had and only thing that would prevent me using them again is the distance. Hope that helps anyone thinking of using Knightracer

• 2 weeks later...

Thread revival!

I've searched high and low to find some oem spats, and came up with nothing, so I've taken a punt and bought the knight racer spats, firstly, I went to collect them (as they're about 40 mins from me), seems like a well represented company, and the staff were very friendly.

Bought the spats (which were the last two) and drove home. I tried them straight away and found that the top wasnt a great fit so i called them.

They are having a new set made, and will be with me tuesday! And I can keep the old ones.

Now that is what I call customer service (considering the parts were only £50)!

I just hope these are a better fit! I will report back when I have them!

It Might be worth people putting down what year they got their bits from KR. Back when I got mine KR were a well respected company and I didn't hear a bad word said about them. Not sure what they are doing differently these days?

I got my bits back in 2006 - Good fit.