The mkiv Supra Owners Club

You wont believe this!

MikkyB

I think I might now hold the record for the lowest ever speed GATSOing! I was out cruising in the forest of dean area near Gloucester, there are quite a few speed cameras in the area but I had my snooper on and it was doing its job fine - warning me every time.

Now having a friend in a car and being in a pretty cheerfull mood he dared me to drive past a speed camera as slowly as possible. So I choose one on a long straight, checking there was no traffic behind me and slowed down to about 5- 7 mph and cruised past in a 50mph zone . . . and the bloody thing went off :eek: I didnt realise that there was a minimum speed limit and there is a garage just after the speed camera so people must have to slow down to turn off the road.

So should I be expecting a letter in the post within a couple of weeks? :(

Yes DPA applies to the police. But also now much more than ever the Freedom of Information act. Technically I suppose if it did capture a photo of your car they would be legally required to provide you with a copy. Whether or not they bother to keep photo's where the car is only doing 5mph is a different matter though... But then Humberside Police got into a bit of trouble with the last lot of data that they "weeded" ;)

Guest scw02102

it will be fine mate

what about traffic if u was in traffic u would be going that slow.

Ive been driving along and seen the Gatso just flash twice when there hasnt been a car in site.

Maybe caught a fly and trying gain more revenu and fine the fly LOL

Anyway they take two pictures of ur car in 2 different points unless u have moved to the desired point u cant get fined. If ur were doing 7mph theres no way u could have travelled far enough to get the points.

funny though

DPA relates to PERSONAL data and how it is kept.

A pic of your car doesn't constitute personal data.

HOWEVER, if someone gets this pic. and doesn't examine it correctly, but just assumes that because it took a picture, you must've been speeding, and then incorrectly issues you with an offer of a fixed penalty notice or 'go to court', opt to go to court, ask for a copy of the pic (Refer to it as 'advance disclosure' of evidence, they should send you it.) and then let a local rag know about it.

If it goes to court, get a journalist to be there to see it thrown out. Could be entertaining!!

:D

"A reflected image occurs when a radar detects a movement that isn't actually there, which is caused by distortion or a shape of a stationary vehicle. A reflection can occur where the radar reads two images as one.

"This is an extremely rare occurrence and is a known radar phenomenon."

Errr is it me or does this sound like absolute bollox? Caused by the shape of an image? WTF? Have we got some radar people on here?