The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Johnny's Big Billet Twins Build

johnny g

Well, seeing as everyone is updating on their winter plans, I thought I'd add the details about my work over the winter, seeing as it's now agreed - building on from this: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?238479

I've bought Jamie's spare built block, spec is:

Good used block fully checked

Mahle 87mm Pistons

Brian Crower Pro Series rods with ARP 625 bolts

ACL race bearings

ARP Main Studs

Titan Billet Main Caps

Good used crank

Piston and Line bored

Everything balanced

I've also spoken to Paul Whiffin about his heads, and I'll be getting a head from him with a thorough port and polish. Whilst on the phone to him, I gave him the debit card details for one of his fuel rails and ID1000 injectors. Added to that, I've also got a 2nd 044 to be fitted in a twin, staged setup.

Finally, the best bit - after a fair few chats with some Turbo people, I've decided to have the turbos upgraded with Billet cartridges, which apparently flow ~10% more at the same boost.

Lee @ SRD will be doing the engine swap for me - timescales are to be confirmed, but it's not THAT far off :)

Edited by johnny g (see edit history)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

awesome mate, that's a nice winter make over. :D :thumbs:

Yea, should make a monster, I hope.

:blink: serious spec! This is going to be a serious bit of kit. Test drive required Mr G ;)

Yea, no worries, just lay off the gin!

That sounds awesome. Loads better than chopping up some headlights, Im in the wrong game. Will be watching your progress :)

Thanks mate! And don't give up on anything, I admire any ingenuity!

Oooooooo looking forward to seeing this build thread in Progress JG.

I will have to pop over to Lee's when it's in.

I'll only ever be there to pick it up! Be good to meet you :)

Sounds good mate, Proper build.

Lee is going to need a bigger workshop soon, who does the turbo upgrade to billet cartridges?

Id go bigger injectors though, i think you will max them out in no time.

Yea, well that deal on the engine was the clincher for me to go ahead TBH. Came at just the right time.

As for the injectors, I will have to go to 2000's I fear, however, I'll also have to upgrade the clutch from the current setup - and I'll do them in stages. I don't want to max it straight out - plus, if I shell out for EVERYTHING now, it ruins my money plans for the holiday home :D

Oh, it's Owen Developments.

Edited by johnny g (see edit history)

Yeah that's going to go some :D

Good to know that you can open the taps up on the turbos without hesitation as well. Do you have a particular goal in mind or is it just a case of maximum safe?

Just max safe to be honest. When it's dyno'd, you can work out my 1/4 mile time for me :)

Snap on the Injector front ID2000 JG get em on your Xmas list.

Yea, I'll get them eventually mate. Just get it done piece by piece so I can enjoy the differences.