The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mkiii Supra owner! Looking to do a upgrade.

Guest clutch

Guest clutch

Hi all,

I just joined this site today so I am still navigating around and learning. I currently have 3 mkiii Supras and getting ready to purchase another in about a week. I have been looking at the mk4 Supra. But I can not find one specifically to the standards that I am looking for. I thought that I would join up with this website to get all the info that I am going to need prior to a future purchase of one. I did not do that when I bought my first mk3 Supra. Wish I would have because the first one was full of body filler and let me just say that it was 1200 pounds that just got scrapped.

Thought I would make my first post a little about intentions and about my self. Those were my intentions and now a bit about my self.

I am a gamer. (go XBOX) Thought I would do that because I know there are haterz out there lol. I am a Jet Engine mechanic on the F15 c/d/e models. I recently got married. Matter of fact 3 weeks on Saturday now. I enjoy working on my cars. Partying it up and when I get the chance and have the time I like to try to get out to the meets to meet new and interesting people. May be a while before I make it to one of the meets here as I wouldnt want my MKIII to intimidate and upset anyone:p. (JOKE). Hope to meet some of you on here sometime. Now time for me to navigate around and learn the do's and dont's of the forum. Nobody likes to make the MODS mad. :)

Welcome mate, hope you find what you are looking for, 2 weeks ago i never knew anything about supra's apart from the fact i have always loved em, i joined here, had a look around, got some tips and now i own a mkiv which i purchased from another member, best decision of my life, i love it !!! the guys ( and girls ) here are very helpful and im sure we will see you at some mkiv supra meets soon :-)

Guest clutch
Welcome mate, hope you find what you are looking for, 2 weeks ago i never knew anything about supra's apart from the fact i have always loved em, i joined here, had a look around, got some tips and now i own a mkiv which i purchased from another member, best decision of my life, i love it !!! the guys ( and girls ) here are very helpful and im sure we will see you at some mkiv supra meets soon :-)

Thank you and that was the major reason I joined here. The more people that own them the more keen the eye is and also it will broaden your search as well. And I will be glad to get to a meet hopefully soon and check out alot of the rides that you all have on here.

Welcome mate, where abouts in Suffolk are you?

Thank you and I am in Red Lodge

Well theres a meet coming up soon called suprapod at santapod on 7th july, you probably heard of it lol, there will be alot of mkiv's there lol, not far from you if your in suffolk theres a couple of people going from there :-)

Heres 2 pics of my mkiv, maybe not to your taste but i like it :-)

532876_10150706673992418_680527417_9247843_141504543_n.jpg

549205_10150706674377418_680527417_9247847_8488179_n.jpg

Guest clutch
Welcome to the club from a fellow jet engine fixer :)

Thank you and what was your A/C and engine of choice to safety wire on. lol

Well theres a meet coming up soon called suprapod at santapod on 7th july, you probably heard of it lol, there will be alot of mkiv's there lol, not far from you if your in suffolk theres a couple of people going from there :-)

Heres 2 pics of my mkiv, maybe not to your taste but i like it :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]149828[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]149829[/ATTACH]

Thank you and I may be that way. Been meaning to get up to Santa Pod to do a rwyb day. I like that mk4 but my thing with them is the spoiler on them. I think that they look really sexy with a low one or none at all. My personnal opinion. Like the bonnet as well.

Yeah i see what ya mean mate theres a few nice looking ones without the spoiler, i mean mines got a small carbon fibre one under the main one that you can probably see which is a little extra, the reason i like these cars is the fact if you take the big spoiler off and look at the curves on the back end it looks so modern, i mean this car is nearly 20 years old and its got the same kinda shape back end as an aston martin or the newer shape ferrari's, the japs were just so far ahead with style in them days, i think if you had a real clean mkiv and slapped a 2012 reg plate on it and asked someone who hadnt heard of a supra how old they thought it was i dont think they would argue that it werent brand new :-)

Guest clutch
Yeah i see what ya mean mate theres a few nice looking ones without the spoiler, i mean mines got a small carbon fibre one under the main one that you can probably see which is a little extra, the reason i like these cars is the fact if you take the big spoiler off and look at the curves on the back end it looks so modern, i mean this car is nearly 20 years old and its got the same kinda shape back end as an aston martin or the newer shape ferrari's, the japs were just so far ahead with style in them days, i think if you had a real clean mkiv and slapped a 2012 reg plate on it and asked someone who hadnt heard of a supra how old they thought it was i dont think they would argue that it werent brand new :-)

You have a point there! They were way to far ahead of there time. My Mkiii is an 87 import and it has P/W, P/L, C/C, ALB, power seats, Climate Control, and keep in mind they were comparing this one with a porsche of this year.

Guest clutch
Yup, very nice cars ! ah well i better get on with some work now lol, good luck finding a mk4 that you like, if you look on auto trader and ebay theres a few with the small spoiler like you said :-)

I have been looking for one for a while now here is what I am looking for.

Black, Aero top, Black leather interior, 6 speed, twin turbo, no spoiler(optional), Basically unmolested in any way and with reasonably low miles and not to many owners under the age of 25.

I have been looking for one for a while now here is what I am looking for.

Black, Aero top, Black leather interior, 6 speed, twin turbo, no spoiler(optional), Basically unmolested in any way and with reasonably low miles and not to many owners under the age of 25.

you will not get a unmolested twin turbo aero top as well they was not made so all tt aeros have engine conversions

Guest clutch

Now this is why I joined up on here to learn this stuff! could have saved me alot of hassle for the future. So I am guessing that they were tt with a 5 speed. or was it N/A with a 5 speed and the tt was a auto. Please enlighten

Guest clutch
Have worked many over the years but currently on E3 Sentry running CFM56s lol.

Oh and there never was a 6 sped, twin turbo aerotop, unless its been converted.

I am worrking the P/W 220 and 229 right now. Hate the 229 love the 220.

Hi and welcome, I used to have a white mkiii supra a few years ago, with you buying 4 of them it was a shame you missed mine when I was selling it as it was in pretty good condition.

I went from the mkiii (all be it the 7M-GE, not bad for first car) to the mkiv TT and there is no comparison.

My uncle had a Mkiii turbo with the 7M-GTE and I remember it had a punch. They are nice cars and I had always wanted one.

If you get a UK spec (or GZ model- anyone confirm that?) you will have the toys you are used to like electric heated seats etc. although they replaced the side hugging controls with a type of foam that is supposed to adjust to each driver. It was to save weight and personally I preferred the old system better but when in the pursuit of speed you can't have it all I guess.

Guest clutch

Since I was on here talking about my MkIII Supra thought that I would show you all the work that has been accomplished so for considering it is going through a rebuild. Here are a few pics of some of the things and then a list of the things that has been or is being installed on it because.

How it looked when I got it! Standard with a N/A Automatic.

And then this is how it looks today. Just waiting for a few things to get my way then it will all go back together.

That's the motor. Here it is installed.

And then what it looks like today!

And then this is the list of all the parts that I got for it.

Edit Value

Turbonetics T6061 Turbo

F1 Racing Aluminum Flywheel (14 lbs)

HPF Supra Bronze clutch kit

ACT 6 Puck Sprung Disk

Titan Adjustable Cams

Gates Racing Timing Belt

17' Vernardi 3 Spoke Rims

Kuhmo 215 45 17 Tires

NGK 8.5 Spark Plug Wires

NGK Sparkplugs

Ajusa Head gasket

ARP Head Bolts tourqued to 80 lbs

3in.Tanabe Exhaust (no CAT) straight through

3in. CXRacing Downpipe

Aftermarket Sparkplug Galley Cover in Chrome

Samco Hose Kit (Black)

Aftermarket Oil Catch Can (Aluminum)

Driftmotion 7/16 Exhaust Manifold Stud Kit

Complete Gasket Rebuild Kit

Aluminum Guage Cluster Cover

APexi Turbo Timer

CX Racing 3' Intercooler Piping Black with Black connectors

Mishimoto Thermostat

Some Polishing and painting of factory parts

BFGoodrich Brake Lines(Stainless with Clear coat Plastic)

K&N Filter Kit

3' Intercooler(Aluminum)

AFPR kit

Aftermarket Exhaust Manifold

Apexi SAFC

HKS FCD

CX Lighting 40mm External Wastegate 17psi

Demon Speed wastegate screamer pipe

Lexus MAF Upgrade

PTE 550cc Lucas injectors

Emanage Blue

I have repainted my Valve Covers

Driftmotion steel braid clutch line

Steel Braid Oil Scavenge line for turbo

Level Zero Motorsports Polyurethane Motor mounts

MSD Ignition set up

Just thought I would share one of my pride and joys since this is the introduction section:D

For what it's worth, unless you are a diehard 7M fanatic, most people would recommend dumping the 7M for a 1J (easy-ish to find parts from a JZA70) or 2J conversion - for both reliability and for parts support. I would assume that an MA70 comes with a R154?