The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can I sit in your car?

ubersonic

Yeah pretty much as title, Its occurred to me that while an mkiv supe is my dream car I have never actually been in one so I kinda need somebody kind in the north wales area to let me sit in theirs for a min to check that I dont have any probs with the controls (im disabled) and that I like the layout and stuffs.

Anyone who can help out feel free to contact me, im based in the Rhyl area to be specific.

Left arm ends just past the elbow, its not that bad really could always be worse, I dont really have any trouble with driving (Automatics) as I wear a prosthetic and use a steering ball (Ironically a Ripspeed drift knob I got in a Halfords sale years ago as its much better than 99% of the ones on the market lol) The things im wondering about are mostly stuff like AC/radio/etc as buttons I can press fine but turning knobs is a bit of an issue however I believe im right in saying I can just set the temp knob to what I like and leave it on auto and the car will sort everything out itself? and weirdly I need to test the position of the centre bit between the drivers/passenger seats as I tend to rest my arm on that a lot when just cruising in lane. I can see from pics the indicator stalk is on the right like it was on my MKiii which im looking forward too as having it on the left on the LS400 is driving me nuts lol, as are the headlight/mirror controls which is cool.

The heater / air con knobs might be a bit tricky, but as you say can be set and left pretty much.

You should be okay with the centre console - I have a brachial plexus injury which has restricted the use of my left shoulder and I find the centre console just the right height to rest my arm on.

The heater / air con knobs might be a bit tricky, but as you say can be set and left pretty much.

You should be okay with the centre console - I have a brachial plexus injury which has restricted the use of my left shoulder and I find the centre console just the right height to rest my arm on.

Same here but my left arm is totally useless with zero movement from the shoulder down.

Supra sounds a very good car for you mate and i hope you get to sit in one so you can get one soon :-) like you say indicators etc on the right hand side is very good for you, yeah the heater etc might be tricky but like you say just set it before ya leave and if ya get too hot or cold ya could always just pull over n change it, Your the kind of guy that puts some people out there to shame, dont let anything get in the way of your dreams and hope to see you at supra meetings soon :-)

Oh yeah lol, well I've now started scouring PH/AT/eBay for one to buy :) though im not as dead set on cream interior as I was lol

Glad to hear it, you should check out the forum classifieds, some stunning cars being sold in there. :)