The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New engine mounts fitted... 100% recommend this!!

Supra N_A

just got some new OEM engine mounts fitted as they are like 15+ years old and were worn badly as in the cabin was vibrating like a biiiaattcchhh specially when full boost!

jm imports fitted them sweetly for me!

drives like a new car different car so would defo do this if you have not :)

no wonder it was vibrating LOL look were the rubber is

a must on all VVTIs..(especially autos)

i thank havard for this as its one of my fave jobs and easy job to do.

the rewards are massive.

What are you thanking me for?

All I did was complain and shout at you as my car was vibrating..!

H.

Why the vvti's ? :)

I actually think it's a facelift thing. The pre facelift engine mounts seem to last around 80k miles. Aparently in the service schedule facelifts were to be done at 60k miles.

While I was having trouble with mine I got in a lot of cars to see if they had similar problems. You could tell the ones that had been replaced and the ones that hadn't. Some cars were horrible to sit in, especially autos when holding on the handbrake.

H.

Do you change them to pre facelift ones?

I wonder why they changed the design? Apparently alot of weight saving was carried out on facelift cars, but can't imagine there'd b much to be saved here.

They are not a straight swap. CW does it but there is some drilling of holes required.

The vvti engine or facelift models, infact cars from dec 95 have the newer design engine mount., that suffers prematurely..

the cars from 93 to nov 95 are fine but after this toyota fitted new design mounts but they dont last aswell as the older version.

I actually think it's a facelift thing. The pre facelift engine mounts seem to last around 80k miles. Aparently in the service schedule facelifts were to be done at 60k miles.

While I was having trouble with mine I got in a lot of cars to see if they had similar problems. You could tell the ones that had been replaced and the ones that hadn't. Some cars were horrible to sit in, especially autos when holding on the handbrake.

H.

Thanks for sharing this, definitely a part to consider replacing.

I paid a fiver for my haircut, could you tell?? haha, thats the 1st time I've seen Jurgen in about 4 or 5 yrs and the 1st time I've been to his current workshops. I wish it had of been a more sociable visit but Everyone was in a mad rush, as usual!! haha, I'll see you at Revolution anyways eh?