The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Service

Tyson

I am having the work done at a garage just getting quotes for some other bits and bobs I want done before dragonball, all the work done on the supra will be done at garages to keep up the service history / receipts to prove what's been done.

I am having the work done at a garage just getting quotes for some other bits and bobs I want done before dragonball, all the work done on the supra will be done at garages to keep up the service history / receipts to prove what's been done.

Seems an expensive way to keep the value up slightly. Fair enough though.

Si (bignum) has written in the service book each time things have been changed, with the receipts from the purchases, which is what I've been doing to (almost) prove it's been done.

using genuine toyota parts and decent oil what would it roughly be Dunk.

A lot will depend on who's fluids you use as to their cost so youd be best off

checking on Opie for them

Parts..........retail......to me inc vat

Air filter......34.27.....26.74

Fuel filter....42.65.....34.13

Oil filter......12.70......9.53

Timing belt..36.77.....31.26

Tensioner...91.33.....77.64

Idler..........98.60.....83.82

Aux belt.....48.29.....41.05

Total.......364.61.....304.17

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Seems an expensive way to keep the value up slightly. Fair enough though.

Si (bignum) has written in the service book each time things have been changed, with the receipts from the purchases, which is what I've been doing to (almost) prove it's been done.

To some people it makes a huge difference and it makes it easier to sell in my opinion (not that I am in the near future). I am not saying this in a bad way but quite a few people would be put off by a young person such as yourself doing all the work on what is a high powered sports car.

To some people it makes a huge difference and it makes it easier to sell in my opinion (not that I am in the near future). I am not saying this in a bad way but quite a few people would be put off by a young person such as yourself doing all the work on what is a high powered sports car.

True. I'd agree with you there, that it may put people off that I've done it myself. I do enjoy messing with stuff, though :)

Hope you get a good deal, and good idea to keep the service records complete and up to date :)

AFR used to charge £850+vat for that lot as a 'C' Service

What was there hourly labour rate ? as that just seems a tad too dear to me !

The only big job is the cambelt change, the rest is simple fluid changes and 3 filters !

£250 at £50 per hour gives 5 hrs to do the work which should be plenty of time.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

What was there hourly labour rate ? as that just seems a tad too dear to me !

The only big job is the cambelt change, the rest is simple fluid changes and 3 filters !

£250 at £50 per hour gives 5 hrs to do the work which should be plenty of time.

£75 an hour Dnk, down south you see, you Northern Monkeys are lucky with lower rent etc !!!

I would use genuine parts for the fluid bits ie oil filter, fuel filter (air filter i'd happily go with a pattern part as it'll still filter better than any aftermarket type) and high quality fluids.

If you want to save a few quid then i'd try and ascertain when the diff, fuel filter, gearbox oil etc were last done.

Also if it were me and the car was running sweet then bar an oil/filter change I would not mess with her until after the Dragonball.