The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Priced Right?

Vlad-tec

I was asking a question not advertising my car, and this isn't a "clever" way to get out of this. I don't want to pay £10 for one off advert as I am not going to use the forum after especially if I can pay the same amount to AutoTrader or PH for advertising my car, which will get a lot more views then it would here I believe. However I know what you are going to say :(

i was asking a question not advertising my car, and this isn't a "clever" way to get out of this. I don't want to pay £10 for one off advert as i am not going to use the forum after especially if i can pay the same amount to autotrader or ph for advertising my car, which will get a lot more views then it would here i believe. However i know what you are going to say :(

:D ... you dont know what your missing!

I was asking a question not advertising my car, and this isn't a "clever" way to get out of this. I don't want to pay £10 for one off advert as I am not going to use the forum after especially if I can pay the same amount to AutoTrader or PH for advertising my car, which will get a lot more views then it would here I believe. However I know what you are going to say :(

Yep - jog on!!

In that case ''Do One''

It seems to me £10 is not a huge amount to pay to learn how you can price your

car to a sensible maximum price.

You also get an advert out of it too.

I understand about the larger potential audience with those other organizations...But...

It's not as if this place is Lawnmowers Weekly.

Anyway, you are of course not obliged to pay anything :)

Autotrader cost me like £40 to advertise on!

Get the £10 paid and stick around, it's nice here :cool:

I was asking a question not advertising my car

You were advertising your car.

and this isn't a "clever" way to get out of this.

It isn't, no.

I don't want to pay £10 for one off advert as I am not going to use the forum after

Don't then.

especially if I can pay the same amount to AutoTrader or PH for advertising my car, which will get a lot more views then it would here I believe.

I don't know about the specific hitcounts for Supras on Pistonheads or Autotrader. Or Ebay for that matter. I suspect it isn't as high as you think though compared to this site.

However I know what you are going to say :(

You knew before you posted, too. You even wrote it in your initial post. Can you understand why that's a bit cheeky? People pay £10 per year for this site because it pays for itself several times over in the first few months of using in 90% of situations. That includes helping people sell their car. The 'advice' you'll get on here regarding your question earlier would have been worth it alone if you think about it. Where else are you going to find honest, open-source pricing advice about Supras including every modification on your car? There isn't anywhere else you'll find it.

--> Lbm: Supra is boring, I lost contact with tens of my Honda mates, everything for the Supra is expensive and for 240 bhp, it is gutless (I know TT or T is a different story but I don't have the money for those). Finally the MPG is appalling for the power that you get. It's slow but still only gets 15-20mpg, there are much faster cars that'll do a better MPG. Other than that it is an amazing car, absolutely love it still.

To everyone else who jumped on the bandwagon:

I don't care that it is for 1 year. I sold this car, I am done with Toyota and back with the Honda, you will not see me on this forum again.

And to the a*sehole which said: " No you were advertising it"... no I wasn't, I wanted to ask one genuine question on this forum and just got a lot of useless replies telling me how brilliant the £10 offer is.

P.S. I am not being tight, I actually don't have £10 to spend on things like this for the time being, perhaps end of the week.

Edited by Vlad-tec (see edit history)

--> Lbm: Supra is boring, I lost contact with tens of my Honda mates, everything for the Supra is expensive and for 240 bhp, it is gutless (I know TT or T is a different story but I don't have the money for those). Finally the MPG is appalling for the power that you get. It's slow but still only gets 15-20mpg, there are much faster cars that'll do a better MPG. Other than that it is an amazing car, absolutely love it still.

To everyone else who jumped on the bandwagon:

I don't care that it is for 1 year. I sold this car, I am done with Toyota and back with the Honda, you will not see me on this forum again.

And to the a*sehole which said: " No you were advertising it"... no I wasn't, I wanted to ask one genuine question on this forum and just got a lot of useless replies telling me how brilliant the £10 offer is.

Take it your Vtec has just kicked in?? :D

If you think the supra is so bad maybe next time you will do a bit of research eh rather buy one and complain about it! It's the wrong forum to complain about a supra save your rants for your Honda buddies i doubt anyone heres interested.

It seems Vlad has apologized to Gaz and is just having a bad day.

So I think unless Gaz has anything to add, we will leave it at that and see if Vlad would like like to continue to participate on the forum :)