The mkiv Supra Owners Club

crazy bubbling

ashbuster

i drove 70 mile last nite to get home. it was really quiet so didnt take it too easy.

when i got home i noticed a bubbling noise so i lifted the bonnet and i could hear a bubbling noise coming from my rad/expansion bottle/and engine

the car drove fine not overheating so why would it be bubbling like crazy? i take it this is not normal lol

could this be a faulty rad cap? or could it be something else too

im sure i could hear something coming from the rad cap , sounded like air. wheres the best place to get one from or is it a toyota job?

thanks bud

I have a stock rad cap from my TT6 rad you can have if you want it :)

The radiator (AFAIK) had done about 80,000 miles.

Let me just give you all a word of warning: don't install a rad cap that is rated much higher than the stock one. You're asking for trouble if you do that.

why would this be mate??? never had any problems with it fitted like said it has done good rather than bad..

always used after market rad caps and been 100% for years

why would this be mate??? never had any problems with it fitted like said it has done good rather than bad..

always used after market rad caps and been 100% for years

If everything on the car is in an as new condition then it should be fine. But that tiny extra bit of pressure in the system puts that little bit extra strain on things eg radiator pipes, the gaskets, the headers on the rad etc etc. It also raises the boiling point of the water as well, which can be advantageous, but not on a car with a mild tune on it.