The mkiv Supra Owners Club

the transition from baileys single to jay200bhp syvecs single

jay200bhp

As a few of you know a while ago i bought a nice example of a very well built supra on a 6765 single from andy bailey ,heres its story so far.... i will update over the next few days with photos of it so far as and when i have a free nimute, the list of mods and changes are as follows:

bought works kai from dc automotive first and sold the banded rear wheels i fell in love with the wheels really and ended up buyig a ridox autoshine front end from paul whiffin to cover the masive et15 offset of these wheels....below is how she looked back then when i got it from andy

004.jpg

30c9d6ee.jpg

111-1.jpg

I love that engine bay, the colour scheme is perfect.

seconded, simple and classy. :cool:

Love it, looks almost as though it could have rolled out of the factory like that. Super clean OEM look :)

Exactly my thoughts, looks sooo clean! :cool:

i next made a pattern for the shape of the orginal arch liner so that thos could be laid up with 2 plys of uni directional prepreg carbon and rubber to make an arch liner extension which was fitted and riveted in place so as to seal the fender to the wheel arch liner as per oem...very fiddly job.As you can guess i cant get some pics to load up etc so ill do my best with the photos it will let me load...

IMG-20120218-01048.jpg

i next moved the side blinkers to the front bumper as per facelift car thanks to paul w for these :D

i made a carbon template for pauls facelift blinkerts and ill send it out if anyone needs to borrow it to cut a non facelift bumper !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]149732[/ATTACH]

mean while i decided to sandblast the entire dash ,replace the gearshift surround with a new one from mr T, and have it all painted bmw space grey met... i also took a mould from the defi link control and made a din slot that fitted the defi flush so it was tidy in the dash and permenantly fixed the outcome was really nice ... before:

c6615128.jpg

IMG-20111205-00952.jpg

next metal monkey dials fitted in the freshly painted dash new cigerette lighter bought from mr T and clifford alarm led plinth bonded in place,a set of speedhut reverse el glo dials have been fitted and as a bit of a tribute to what andy done with the car i caled it the sleeper and had a vinyl made for the boot :D

i bonded the boost gauge in the vent bezel and made a carbon dome to direct air around the gauge so it doesnt get really hot....also a heckler LED a/c conversion and full set of blue LED's added to match dash to dials

[ATTACH=CONFIG]149741[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]149742[/ATTACH]

ive also fitted a nardi corn wheel and secured it to the boss with 6 gold titanium bolts to add a bit of detail.

more pics tomorrow ...im off to bed zzzz

Edited by jay200bhp (see edit history)

in the background for a few hours after work i had been busy repairing with wetlay carbon a set of oem spats and skirts! here they are painted and fitted to the car....

IMG-20120404-01110.jpg

i also had the wiper scuttle panel painted gloss black along with the wiper arms and also got a new cam /spark plug cover i trimmed the two semi

circular holes out to show off my purple anodised cam verniers from whifbitz! :D

Edited by jay200bhp (see edit history)

wow, that is, no doubt, the best looking Supra I have ever seen. You sir have an amazing taste. No bling bling, no sticker tuning, not even wheels...that is a work of art, done by a master. Which leaves me to ask you, how on earth could you sell that thing?

Would be great if you also could let me know

- exhaust (it looks a bit OEM)

- do you use spacers?

- where did you integrate important guages etc? or you did not install them

wow, that is, no doubt, the best looking Supra I have ever seen. You sir have an amazing taste. No bling bling, no sticker tuning, not even wheels...that is a work of art, done by a master. Which leaves me to ask you, how on earth could you sell that thing?

Would be great if you also could let me know

- exhaust (it looks a bit OEM)

- do you use spacers?

- where did you integrate important guages etc? or you did not install them

Thanks alot fella, I loved it, and loved every minute of building it. Reason for sale was simple, I needed the money for a house deposit and felt it was time for someone else to enjoy it and take it a step further. The wheels were widened to 11.5" on the rear from 8" and the original 9.5" rears went to the front. I had a pair of 50mm wheel adapters made to keep the wheel from the inner arch also. Jay obviously didn't like them :(. Here's a pic of the wheels when they were just widened and a pic from the rear. The tyres were 315-35-17 and the exhaust was a veilside.

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)