The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will my budget get me a 6 speed manual?

skyline1

Sorry to ask something that has probably been covered hundreds of times before but will my budget of £8500 get me a good 6 speed manual TT supra?

I don't mean one that has problem after problem with it, I mean a good supra with possibly BPU .... Don't laugh if I'm just kidding myself here but I need to know rearlisticly.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could do.............but the manuals prices at present seem to be very firm. You need someone off the site (someone who has had it years and has been offered 3-4K p/x somewhere) to finally decide to sell theirs and then you need to beat the 2-3 traders that pick up the 6-8K ones and readvertised them at £10K+.

Possible definitely but hard work searching and a potentially long and frustrating wait........

It could do.............but the manuals prices at present seem to be very firm. You need someone off the site (someone who has had it years and has been offered 3-4K p/x somewhere) to finally decide to sell theirs and then you need to beat the 2-3 traders that pick up the 6-8K ones and readvertised them at £10K+.

Possible definitely but hard work searching and a potentially long and frustrating wait........

Patience and one will appear :) But guess you could always do a wanted thread

Show me a good condition lowish mileage TT6 for that money!?! I would be surprised...

Yup, few years ago you could, unlikely to find a nice one now for that money, I paid £6750 for my 30k, stock TT6 back in 2008 and i the pickings of a few at that price.

I know there are some out there (not many) just dont wanna end up with a crap one for my money, as i see it if i went for a auto 8.5k would get me a pretty good one but when it comes to a manual one it seems like alot are over 10k.

the link above is pushing the 10k mark and ideally id like something with lower mileage too.

I know there are some out there (not many) just dont wanna end up with a crap one for my money, as i see it if i went for a auto 8.5k would get me a pretty good one but when it comes to a manual one it seems like alot are over 10k.

the link above is pushing the 10k mark and ideally id like something with lower mileage too.

Its an asking price not the selling price, be prepared to haggle

I actually dont agree on the mileage thing, if it is well looked after it does not bother me, they are old cars after all

This one without the stickers and eyebrows is ok

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3555973.htm

I actually dont agree on the mileage thing

Your one has done a 100k and needs a shed load of work, the uk one has done a 3rd again, high mile cars are a pita for the most imo, so much better off spending a bit more for a quality low mile car in the long run i think.

Just save more and get the correct one mate....I spent ages trying to find my car and paid for it in full as I'd been saving the whole time! Wasnt cheap either, but if you buy one just to stay within a predetermined budget you will always want something better!

Just my opinion, but worth thinking about.

i paid around £8500 for my TT6,

not a problem on it, hands down the best car ive ever owned, so reliable. gearbox solid as hell and like wise the engine

had it 2 years now :)

it will be up for sale later this year POSSIBLY :)

the Paul Brown facelift Gummetal TT6 with stock 16's currently on pistonheads was originally on autotrader for £5,995

I spoke to the guy selling it (even still have the pictures he sent me of it), he had been inundated with calls about it, I told him I was not surprised and that being honest it was worth more, but at the time I already had one and with a trader offering the £6K I needed to stump up £6.5K unseen and then had the faff of getting it, so I left it.....

I paid 4K though and the engine was sweet, the turbos were knackered, each to there own but if you have a budget of 8.5K you have to compromise a little, I fully understand what you are saying in general but I lost the engine on my 60K Single, its a lot about how its been looked after, my TT6 would be worth no more than 10K IMO once finished (not that I am selling!)

Your one has done a 100k and needs a shed load of work, the uk one has done a 3rd again, high mile cars are a pita for the most imo, so much better off spending a bit more for a quality low mile car in the long run i think.

I guess that's true, my TT had 103k on the clock, however I got my TT for 3.5k! It would have been easier to just buy a tt auto bpu'd and finished, but after a bit of TLC and some nice new parts it worked out not alot different than a 5.5k auto tt without new parts :-)