The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Soon to buy first Supra, advice please

Gaz

Hi all, been a member for a while and have been contemplating buying a Supra and maybe selling my MR2 turbo, will see how things go.

Im in the same possition as this guy, http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?253773-MR2-gt-Supra moving from MR2oc to here maybe?

I have found a car that has caught my eye http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190659967164?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 looks ok to me, can you guys cast your knowledgable eyes over and offer opinions please? Is that a fair price?

Or if anyone has a Aero TT in black drop me a PM.

Thanks in advance. Gaz

Pretty sure another member posted about this car recently, looks very nice & very well priced considering the interior which would have cost a fair few bobs to do! Do you have a budget in mind? And have you looked at the classifieds on this forum? Some decent cars like the one above for sale.

Pretty sure another member posted about this car recently, looks very nice & very well priced considering the interior which would have cost a fair few bobs to do! Do you have a budget in mind? And have you looked at the classifieds on this forum? Some decent cars like the one above for sale.

No real buget, not going to go crazy and buy a 20K 100bhp car, but 7K is about right for a sound lightly modified car. I have always wanted a black Supra so time to change. Im going to look at this one soon, any pionters?

Sorry Mr Lover, I already have a silver car, my sports cars have to be black. Petty I know but.... well. Good luck with the sale.

No real buget, not going to go crazy and buy a 20K 100bhp car, but 7K is about right for a sound lightly modified car. I have always wanted a black Supra so time to change. Im going to look at this one soon, any pionters?

Sorry Mr Lover, I already have a silver car, my sports cars have to be black. Petty I know but.... well. Good luck with the sale.

I think you'd get quite ripped off if you spent £20k on a 100bhp car :D

Check the buyers guide on this forum (think newbie section), this should help you.

I think you'd get quite ripped off if you spent £20k on a 100bhp car :D

Check the buyers guide on this forum (think newbie section), this should help you.

Lol, meant 1000bhp. Yeah I would feel quite ripped off.

Colin, Im 6' 3'' so head roo is an issue, my head touches the roof of the 2 so not sure on that one, have added it to my watched list just incase I get a bargain.

Colin, Im 6' 3'' so head roo is an issue, my head touches the roof of the 2 so not sure on that one, have added it to my watched list just incase I get a bargain.

Haha, LHD too. I'm 6'5" and have loadsa room in my Supra. One of the few sportscars I feel comfortable in.

I am 6'5" as well, And its not bad at all!!!

That would of been me mate,

i put a link up about the car, alot of people said it was over priced for the spec. also there wasnt much of a description for the car either and a lack of history nd receipts. does look a nice car but ive seen cheaper bpu models on here.

sorry duplicate post.

Edited by skyline1
because im weak. (see edit history)

i put a link up about the car, alot of people said it was over priced for the spec. also there wasnt much of a description for the car either and a lack of history nd receipts. does look a nice car but ive seen cheaper bpu models on here.

I personally don't think it is over priced, nice Black TT auto, low mileage, nice wheels & an interior which would have easily cost £1,500. Plus I am sure they will shift slightly on the price. Also a sound system & some BPU mods & if correct, running decent amount of power.

If you imagine a ropey TT goes for £5k a decent looking one for £7k isn't too bad.

Though better to judge in person. :)

Yeah thats what I thought, over priced maybe. Going to view.

Nemesis, ok will do.

Havard, hmmm ok well as long as a ti top is sound then I can live with it.

I personally don't think it is over priced, nice Black TT auto, low mileage, nice wheels & an interior which would have easily cost £1,500. Plus I am sure they will shift slightly on the price. Also a sound system & some BPU mods & if correct, running decent amount of power.

If you imagine a ropey TT goes for £5k a decent looking one for £7k isn't too bad.

Though better to judge in person. :)

Very true, will see in person, if its right then I will have my first Supra.

Yeah thats what I thought, over priced maybe. Going to view.

Nemesis, ok will do.

Havard, hmmm ok well as long as a ti top is sound then I can live with it.

I would go and have a look at this one with someone who knows about their Supes. It really depends on what you want from a Supra. The car in the pictures is pretty much MY ideal looking car. Stock looks with tasteful body kit and aftermarket alloys. The interior looks fantastic. If you picked a run of the mill beater for 5K you couldn't dream of equipping it with 19's, tyres, leather seats and a decent stereo and speakers.

These cars cost a lot to get them the way you want them. If this car floats your boat and the car is mechanically sound, then I think it would be false economy to look at a cheaper car.

I went for mine as it ticked 90% of my boxes. 18 months later I have hardly changed a thing.

H.

keep us updated when you have gone to view it mate, ive seen he has turned down 4 offers on the car so dont look like he is willing to go lower at all.

Will do.

Havard, piont taken. I will know if this is right for me, mechanic at trade had a few turbo's JDM cars so if this is sound we will see what he takes for it. It's what im looking for, sensible body, nice wheels, BPU mods and nice interior. All it needs is my personal touches to the engine bay.