The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting FMIC relocation of air con pipes?

Brazil

Does anybody have a close up photo showing where you have relocated their aircon hard pipes? The aircon hard pipes are passing by the only cut out hole which I belive the intercooler pipes was designed to fit past. The othe way I figured it could be done is by going under all the hard pipes though its not long enough unless I buy longer flexible hoses.

I am a total novice when it comes to mechanics so please excuse my ignorance.

Below is an image with arrows showing the 2 options that have explained above.

Below photos of where I fitted the Intercooler 'its a 2'' Core Greddy.

I had similar issues when fitting mine.

Fit the pipe from the cooler (U shaped one), you will see were it ends up, there will be one of the A/C pipes in the way..

You should have a bracket for the aircon pipes in the kit, remove the stock bracket, bend the A/C pipes and mount on the new bracket..

Check the thread I had started listing all my issues..

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?241437-Urgent-Help-GReddy-Spec-LS-Install

Edited by Samurai 20V (see edit history)

I bought the kit second hand and the seller did not include the bracket, I am also missing hoses and clamps 'the joys of buying parts second hand'...!

I will try bending it or fabricating a bracket..!

Thanks for your input..!

I've managed and the end to feed the intercooler hard pipe through the aircon hard pipes but the issue that I face now is that when I test fitted the front bumper I noticed that the intercooler was sitting about 1cm lower then the very bottom of the bumper which scares me as I scuff my front bumper all the time and now I run the risk of scuffing the FMIC and possible ripping it out of place..!

I've managed and the end to feed the intercooler hard pipe through the aircon hard pipes but the issue that I face now is that when I test fitted the front bumper I noticed that the intercooler was sitting about 1cm lower then the very bottom of the bumper which scares me as I scuff my front bumper all the time and now I run the risk of scuffing the FMIC and possible ripping it out of place..!

What FMIC is it mate?

From your pic, it seems to be mounted incorrectly. My Greddy SPec LS had to have the coolant tank removed, and was mounted much higher up, behind the bumper reinforcement.

You can see the shiny bolt just to the right of the hooter, thats were the top mount goes. Clears the bottom of the bumper no problem..

The 2nd pic shows the coolant bottle next to the battery..

Check the pics..

Edited by Samurai 20V (see edit history)

I've got it now, because I don't have the all the brackets to relocate things its been difficult but I've managed to get round it.

Now that I've test fitted it I am going to order some new hoses, clamps and get polishing..!

Thanks for your help..!

By the way do you anybody in Japan that I could purchase Volk Racing GT-AV, size 19'', 9.5'' wheel' new or second hand?

I've got it now, because I don't have the all the brackets to relocate things its been difficult but I've managed to get round it.

Now that I've test fitted it I am going to order some new hoses, clamps and get polishing..!

Thanks for your help..!

By the way do you anybody in Japan that I could purchase Volk Racing GT-AV, size 19'', 9.5'' wheel' new or second hand?

No hassles mate, hope I was of help.

I bought my rims from this shop, their prices were good..

http://www.fujicorporation.com/eng/shop/

The other option I use very often is Yahoo Auction Japan, Jurgen does containers from Japan from what I see here, sure he can help you!

The site is in Japanese, you can use a combo of Google chrome and translate to navigate around it!

http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/

when installed my HKS Type S FMIC - I didnt need to do anything with the Air Con pipes.. I belive I made a cut out for the pipe to go through on the part of plastic that hangs staight down off or near the chassis leg - although the pictures doesnt show the plastic trim - it may gice you an idea

fmic.jpg

Edited by heckler (see edit history)