The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another facelift indicator query

Graham1984

Sorry to make this into a thread as I have read loads of them and am a tad confused, Would someone who has used these kindly please confirm for me that these are okay front facelift indicators to use on a 94 NA http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-CELICA-SUPRA-97-98-INDICATORS-CLEAR-PAIR-/370595214315?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item56493233eb#ht_1418wt_922

From what I have read and somewhat understand I need to buy two wiring looms from either Toyota or Whifbitzs and be prepared to drill a hole in the bumper to fit a 3rd bolt that has no place on a NA but might be needed for stability.

My second question is regarding the side indicators are they just a straight swap for either of these links or is there anything else required to make them fit?? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEAR-Toyota-Celica-Corolla-MR2-RAV4-Starlet-Supra-TTE-Side-Repeaters-Indicators-/370585841455?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5648a32f2f#ht_3288wt_1054

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CRYSTAL-CLEAR-SIDE-REPEATER-INDICATOR-LIGHTS-TOYOTA-CELICA-97-SUPRA-MK4-/110775089221?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19cab5b845#ht_2948wt_821

Many thanks guys I didn't post a link for the whifbitzs side repeaters as most people have probably seen them all ready.

There is a fitment guide for the facelift indicators HERE. You'll need to buy 2 x 81515-14390 wiring looms/bulb holders, these are around £15-£20 each, these aren't plug and play, they will need splicing in.

The side marker link you posted includes everything you'll need. To remove the side markers you need to slide them to one side (can't remember which side, when you get them you'll see there is a plastic spring clip on one side of the marker) and carefully lever them out, then plug in the orange bulbs and refit the clear markers, very easy to do.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

There is a fitment guide for the facelift indicators HERE. You'll need to buy 2 x 81515-14390 wiring looms/bulb holders, these are around £15-£20 each, these aren't plug and play, they will need splicing in.

The side marker link you posted includes everything you'll need. To remove the side markers you need to slide them to one side (can't remember which side) and carefully lever them out, then plug in the orange bulbs and refit the clear markers, very easy to do.

Thanks Nic at least I can do the side indicators :D Which link would you advise to use for the side one's out of the two I posted or are they both the same technically.

If anyone has used the same front indicators and could let me know that would be great.

i didnt use facelift looms on mine.you can get away with sanding the bulb holders down so they fit tightly into the lense.you dont have to put the sidelight in either.

Cheers Barney for that information. If anyone has used these actual lights or has a link for some feel free to pass it on as they would cost around over £100 for some although genuine though but it seems loads of people on here have got by with ebay one's.

I bought the exact ones you posted in your first link from the same company. They are now fitted nicely to my TT and look great :)

Also followed the guide Nic posted and was a great help, I managed to get the facelift looms for £37 for 2 from Mr T.

I bought the exact ones you posted in your first link from the same company. They are now fitted nicely to my TT and look great :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7158/6648684365_137f2177e2_b.jpg

Also followed the guide Nic posted and was a great help, I managed to get the facelift looms for £37 for 2 from Mr T.

That is great news Aj thanks a lot mate :) They look fantastic too. All I need to get now is some chrome badges and save for some glass lights lol.

I will get them sorted as soon as possible, When buying from Toyota for the looms do you have to go to the nearest Toyota dealer or have they got an online order section?

I just rang up my local garage and quoted the part number, and then the discount fight started lol, not sure if they have an online order section though

I haven't drilled any holes. The guide says to take the extra 'thread' out and mine fit and are very solid with no movement at all without the extra thread :)

That is even better then as I read a different thread last night that said you should drill them to avoid wobble, AJ you are quickly becoming my favourite member today with good news like this :D

Edited by Graham1984 (see edit history)

i didnt use facelift looms on mine.you can get away with sanding the bulb holders down so they fit tightly into the lense.you dont have to put the sidelight in either.

So Barney you just cut down the holder like in the guide and used the standard stuff in the new clear lenses and stuck it all back together leaving out the small sidelight/indicator??

When I fitted mine I used the front bolt also, is easy to drill in the right place, just remove the thread, put masking tape on the car, apply felt marker pen ink /or something like this to the face of the thread hole on the light, fix light implant and push light against masking tape to creat a "witness" then hay presto jobs a goodun

I converted mine a few weeks ago with the same Autoart units. As I was reluctant to pay for new looms, I also found t20 and t10 holders from eBay. They took around 2 weeks to arrive but the quality is good. As I wanted the passenger side to be able to unplug, I have modified the original bulb holder which works really well.

At the moment, I only have the larger t20 bulbs fitted and I did have to open up the slots in the back of the new lamp unit slightly to get the holders to fit.

I also tried amber smd LEDs but the resistance was too low for the flasher unit.

My next job is to piggy back the t10 holders onto the flasher looms and use a pair of silvered amber bulbs in these.

This should allow me to then use the t20 LEDs as the resistance will come from the other bulbs.

I will take some pictures of the mods as I will be doing this today or tomorrow.

I did drill the extra holes in my bumper, as I was concerned that the units would not be secure.

The originals orange units have a third bolt on the top.

It was easy to make the holes.

Use a sharp drill it and gradually push it to make a slot.

You need a slot rather than a hole otherwise you will struggle to line all 3 of the captive bolts up.

Hope this helps.