The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Putting the Power down

Geo

Ok so been buggered with a throat and chest infection, and been lounging about all day watching dvd's, eating, and looking at car parts. Anyway i got thinking about putting the full power of the supra 712bhp down on the road.

How much of that is possible to put down(in the dry) would certain speeds see all the power down etc? On a side note, it got me thinking about dragging, which made me buy a line lock kit from Lee, lol DAM internet shopping. :D

does this mean your having second thoughts about selling up :D

took mine out today. brand new p zero's on the rears and still spun through 2nd and abit in 3rd. your must spin the rears like a monster

im always thinking of pulling it bud. But i've given myself a time limit for it to sell if not, i'll pull her off the Market. :D

Yeah 1st, 2nd, 3rd, pretty much useless on WOT, got to either use 1/4 throttle then then once upto speed i can nail it from about 4th all the way through.

Fresh, quality tyres and you should be able to lay all that 600 hub bhp down from 2nd onwards, with my MT 325/50/15 DR's I can lay down all the power 2nd onwards.

You mean sticky road tyres Jamie or drag wheels?

I can his the rev limiter in 3rd foot flat to the floor punching it in the dry, grips and goes

what tyres you running Ricky, and sizes?

You mean sticky road tyres Jamie or drag wheels?

Good quality new road tyres, my car is desperate for some new tyres, the pilot sports on there have loads of tread but they are a couple of years old now and gone hard (I only use them over winter) and they are terrible for traction.

So what are the best road tyres then, with no regards to price.

Straight line grip MT's, but they are not strictly road legal, no DOT mark, next best is new R888's imo.

Chris wilson rates the michelin cups, ive never tried them, they dont come in the size i need.

Main thing is to check the dates on the tyres.