The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerial Replacement

Nic

Why you ask Nic, you need pics or opinions or prices bud?

The mast on my MR2 is knackered and when it is raised looks stupidly long for the size of the car. The aerial is mounted on the rear wing similar to the Supra, looks like the S2000 aerial should fit okay. Next question where did you source the S2000 aerial assembly from?

You are asking an ex trader who joined in 2001 with 20k of posts to use the search button? :D

Yes. It was tongue in cheek. As everyone has said, the stubbies ruin the reception, even in London it isn't too great. Looks brilliant though. I'm going to have to look into a way of boosting the reception somehow.

Yes. It was tongue in cheek. As everyone has said, the stubbies ruin the reception, even in London it isn't too great. Looks brilliant though. I'm going to have to look into a way of boosting the reception somehow.

I am playing too ;)

Would be interested if you find a fix, I sometimes listen to LBC.

To be honest Nic you can fit the shorter stubby aerials but the reception will never be as good as the stock one.

If you can live with that then its fine, not sure if it will be as bad on the MR2 but on the supra it's not great.

I know Abz, its all fun dude.

Has anyone ever fitted one of the rear window aerials, when you use the actual window as the aerial itself? They are on some higher end cars out of the factory.

Thought the Supra had a rear window ariel too? Remember imi mentioning it in some thread?

Stevo organised the previous S2000 GB, I think. Gaz, did you get yours from the GB?

Found the group buy thread, it looks like the gb was just for the aerial mast not the complete assembly including the OEM signal amplifier. Has anyone fitted the complete aerial assembly and can comment on the reception quality?

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/tsreo.wqzzj/v/vspfiles/photos/39150-S2A-A01-2.jpg?1320929885

Guest suprageek

I've a wanted ad up on here looking for a stubby s2000 Aries, I take it I could just buy it from honda, would it need anything diff to fit on the supra?

I feel much better now knowing that im not the only one with a s**t reception with my stubby aerial, @ suprageek as for buying from honda i think it will be mega ££. I sourced one online from a scrappy about a year ago and they wanted £90 needless to say i never bought it.

Found the group buy thread, it looks like the gb was just for the aerial mast not the complete assembly including the OEM signal amplifier. Has anyone fitted the complete aerial assembly and can comment on the reception quality?

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/tsreo.wqzzj/v/vspfiles/photos/39150-S2A-A01-2.jpg?1320929885

Certainly looks the part, id be interested in one of these too if anyone has any info on how good they are.