The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help :s Quick boost controller question

mattdavies

I have installed a Greddy profec boost controller on my car and went out for a little drive, while driving it was boosting over 15psi even when on the lowest boost setting. Just want to check on my solinoid there is an 'IN' and 'OUT' does the out go to the actuator and the in from the turbo side. As this is the way i had it ?

I need to know if the boost controller is faulty as i bought it second hand

Yep the boost signal (vacume) would come from the turbo to the in port the out port to actuator / wastegate.

I don't have the greddy boost controller but I know the solenoid reduces the signal that the wastegate see's so that would be the way it needs set up :D

Is yours stock twins? If so Im 99% sure it will have an internal wastegate that is controlled by the actuator, there for you would connect a vacume to the out port to actuator.

If it's a single turbo I'm gussing you will most Likly have an external wastegate so the out port vacume would connect to the wastegate.

Hope these help :)

Remember a BC can only lift boost it can't lower it from what the car naturally wants to boost at.. Are u decatted? What restrictor ring you have? If 1.2 then the BC can't do anything.. Get a 1bar one and then set up BC to lift from 1 to 1.2