The mkiv Supra Owners Club

car update

ashbuster

front end is now finished

i have fitted a new crashbar then added a new headlight bar and wings because the old ones were welded.

i removed the old skirts because i wasnt keen on them and i fitted new ones.

had a do-luck front bumper now fitted to go with the rest of the kit but i wanted a later do-luck bumper on the front

had that painted and fitted

heres a quick photo of it fitted after it was painted

521620_3555145848085_1555876914_33037846_1935591726_n.jpg

the car is filthy in the photo tho thats why it looks a really bad match

the engine bay was disgusting so i gave it a little clean and new samco hoses and vac hoses all purple to match

SANY0512.jpg

nowhere near finished but its cleaner thats what i wanted for now

the rest of the do-luck kit is on apart from the arches

the arches are been fitted and im having that damage sorted at the same time and also having the old rear indicator holes covered.

the rear will have the arches blended in and all of both sides painted. they will be sorting the roof dent and the dink in the side too

the car has had alot of things fitted now, bpu with blitz i-color boost controller, all electrical problems sorted, coilovers fitted.

heres a few photos but one photo looks abit funny because it was taken through a window so its abit blurry in one place

i know the kit is not to everyones taste but i wanted to be different and i like it, sorry for the long post

the first 2 photos are what it was when i first bought it

FROM

newsuppics6.jpg

newsuppics10.jpg

TO

SANY0006.jpg

SAM_0439.jpg

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

Looking good, what skirts are they? Are they the Gen 1 skirts Rob D was selling? Looks like a good job to me. Personal preference but if you still have the rear number plate sides I would spray them black.

I presume you chose purple vac hoses to fit in with the Do-Luck purple theme? I tried to find some the same colour as that when I got my rad hoses but had to settle for blue in the end.

I'd be interested to see how you mounted the front number plate, I have a stick on one at the moment on mine but I am a little concerned about putting a plastic one on a flat front facing plate with the preassure it would put on it when at speed (if you see what I mean) if its only held in to the bumper at the top of the plate with 2 screws.

hi mate

sorry i forgot a rear photo, but i have the gen1 do-luck rear too

yes mate the skirts are gen1 do-luck and they are the same rob was selling. they look nice imo but i know its not to everyones taste but i wanted to be different.

i didnt like the gen1 front so i went with the later do-luck front

here is a photo of the rear

SAM_0421.jpg

its not a very good photo tho

that is glue thats on the side where the old spat was but the bodyshop will finish it all when i have the arches fitted

the front numberplate is screwed to a bracket made by the bodyshop that painted and fitted it, its is bolted through the top of the mouth in the bumper and cant be seen :)

the whole kit is the same rob was selling apart from the front

i managed to find the vac hoses on ebay they cost over £20 but they are thick and the purple turbo hoses are samco that were bought from racebikebitz

i will eventualy get a numberplate stand

SAM_0423.jpg

SAM_0424.jpg

please ignore the damage it was found when the spats were removed will be sorted when the arches go on in a week or so

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

yeah mate :)

had the turbos pipes out and painted them up and the heatshield, also the throttlebody manifold, and all parts down there out and painted to make it look cleaner.

new oilfilter/ gaskets/sparkplugs/oils/boost gauge/boost controller/walbro fuel pump/full decat/ hks fcd for bpu

will be on the lookout for some leather front seats soon