The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alternative to Falken 452's?

ScottC

I've used pretty much every make of tyre over the years and found Falkens and Goodyears to be best for longevity with Bridgestone best for road noise and grip so I assume they are a softer compound. Didn't like Pirelli's, wore out way too quick. So I usually keep buyer watches on Ebay for Goodyear, Falkens or Bridgestone used tyres and buy pairs or full sets when they come up with 6+mm pattern left. Usually works out about £40 - £50 a tyre when you aren't in a hurry.

Thanks Dan, where did you get them from?

Just wondering if I should bite the bullet and get these.

Got them from a company local to me http://www.kirkleytyresandwheels.co.uk/. I'm not sure if they can post direct to you or not, £140 was a big saving over what other companies sell them for (camskill look to be cheap on them atm though, not many in stock though as they're being discontinued hence the drop in price i guess), they're official dealers of Avon so they get good savings :) A good person to ask on here would be Craig ( dr_jeckyl ), seeing as tyres are his business. It was him who suggested the Avons, he used them for track days i believe.

Edited by SupraDan24 (see edit history)

either will be fine, I have the Vredesteins at present and have had contact sports before (note sure if 2's or 3's).

They fall into the good category with the old F1 goodyears and SO2 bridgestones.................you are almost getting to the stage of choosing the tread pattern you like the most with these two!

Thanks people :thumbs:

There's only a few pennies difference between Contisportcontact3's and VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA, which would be the best value or are they about the same?

The Vredestin's are on a Twin Turbo Gallardo Jamie posted up, should be okay for you then :D

I have had the Verdestein on my previous Supra, fantastic tyres!