The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HEADSUP for everyone Cheaper NEW Falken 265/35/18

DodgyRog

see thats where i disagree i find the avons better

Well then, quite clearly one of us is right. And you're wrong :innocent: ;)

In my usual floor it sideways out of the work car park, the Avons much more easily broke traction, and I thought they were much worse in the wet.

Well then, quite clearly one of us is right. And you're wrong :innocent: ;)

In my usual floor it sideways out of the work car park, the Avons much more easily broke traction, and I thought they were much worse in the wet.

haha you could not be more wrong if you tried you could try but you with not succeed :p

only joking each to there own really, i did have a crash after changing to falkens due to the lesser grip so went straight back to avons, funny how we have different veiws

I think I remember someone saying they were going to be discontinued, so I am guessing they are selling off the last of the stock...
Replaced by the FK-453 Azenis (is there some sort of inter-manufacturer competition to invent the daftest tyre name? :)).

I had the 452's on my skyline.... Always loosing traction but ok for the price.

Over here I recently stuck a set of kumho KU36's on. I have to say its a cracking tyre! Extreeeeeemly grippy in the dry and pretty good in the wet. I say pretty good due to the fact I have zero weight over the rear wheels due to it being a ute so it gets a little tail happy but only if it is provoked and it is also very predictable.

I have been using 452's for a few years now and they are a bit slippery for the first 500-1000 mile, but they then bed in

The main problem with them as far as I am concerned is the road noise once they wear done to 3mm or so, they are not horendous, but drone a bit on some road surfaces