The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ellis's 2013 Dragonball Prep Thread!!!

ellis

As Guigsy's got one going, seemed appropriate to put one up as well for another Dragonballer!

Decided to put some money into the girl and get her completely sorted once and for all, so the list is:

Full service (currently being done as I type in the garage)

UK Spec front brakes going on (still looking for a good set of UK rears)

New BC Racing Coilovers plus full geo when they've 'settled'

New gearbox mount

TRD engine mounts and brackets

Clear front and rear bumper reflectors

Replacing hoses under the bonnet

New radiator

Slightly newer SMIC

Both rear wheels being refurbed next week

All stone chips touched in and any imperfections sorted out

And probably lots of other bits and pieces too.

Looks like she's staying a bit longer yet!

Edited by ellis (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rear wheel refurb done, few stone chips touched up. Over in Nottingham next week for UK brakes, new BC Coilovers and engine mounts! Cutting it close but it is what it is!

SMIC might not get done or changing the pipework but at least she won't rattle, bang over bumps and stop before I wedge myself into the rear end of a Transit (was going to put Tranny but though it would over excite Ed and his eyesight is bad enough already!)

They are good Bob - have used them for a couple of years now.

Right - BCs fitted, UK front brakes fitted (noisey even with shim kits but I don't have time to sort that out!), new TRD engine mounts fitted - the mounts make a HUGE difference, absolutely no vibration at all. The BCs are great, have set them a touch higher than I'd like eventually but they need a bit of time to bed in so will leave them as they are until after Dragonball - also on a soft setting for comfort for now! Just need to hoover her, wash, polish and wax her before setting off tomorrow plus get Euros, pack, find son, lose son, find son again, fill up, fill petrol can, check fluids, tyres etc plus do 2 days' work! Joy!

• 2 weeks later...

Radiator packed up today! Just as well it did it when it did as I was about to set off on an 80 mile journey! New one should be here any second so all very timely - it's as if she knew!

So that's new pads, new battery, new clamp, new rad and new OEM top hose all since coming back from Dragonball - May has been a costly car month indeed.

Mind you, at least she'll get dropped a bit whilst she's in having the rad and pads done - back down to where she should be!