The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need to make a decision on my engine bay theme

Parry_10

Hi guys heres the issue, I am doing more to the engine bay now and need to decide on a colour/theme. I did plan to go with all dark red hoses/joiners etc to match the top suspension mounts but I cant find a dark red apart from samco and its 35% extra on price and a 6 week wait!

So the option now is do I stay blue and save myself some money or go black. If I stay blue I will get a clear cam pulley cover and get some blue adjustable cam pulleys and change the intake filter and joiners to the same shade blue as well. Im thinking black would look ok but maybe a bit dull and boring.. plus extra £££ to change everything.

Also not sure if the spark plug cover in white works with the blue. Any ideas? its starting to annoy me now :D

*excuse the picture quality

IMG00871-20120402-1237.jpg

IMG00872-20120402-1237.jpg

IMG00873-20120402-1237.jpg

IMG00874-20120402-1237.jpg

go ALL WHITE would look f f f f f fresh!!

same sort of problem with the dark red is finding the joiners in the sizes I need in white seems impossible unless you wait like 6 weeks and pay big money:( the problem is I want it ready for japfest

Just got off the phone to sfs hoses and they can make me up all the hoses in the sizes I need in white and it works out about £100. Will be custom order which usually takes 6 weeks but the guy said he will turn mine around in a week so I might go for white. Its the two 45 degree elbows that cost the most £31.97 each:O

This will all happen. No time soon it looks like but it WILL happen :)

doing the engine bay holes is a big job making up plates etc and welding its a pita lol. If you go as far as rob and hodge have then its an even bigger job. I will do the back of my engine bay when I take the engine out but dont want to do that at the moment as I will miss some of the show season.

I got some lovely candy red I could do the cam covers in it would match the strut tops a treat :D

hmm im thinking stay with white because Ive found some adjustable cam pulleys that are in that same red as the struts could work well. Although the bay might have too much white then lol

Just got off the phone to sfs hoses and they can make me up all the hoses in the sizes I need in white and it works out about £100. Will be custom order which usually takes 6 weeks but the guy said he will turn mine around in a week so I might go for white. Its the two 45 degree elbows that cost the most £31.97 each:O

Yeah lee from sfs is really good he had my custom white hoses done in around 8working days, it was a little bit more expencive but not too bad in price ;)

It was the 4" to 3" reducer with a 45degree bend in it that cost the most for me £57.00 +vat

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

Yeah lee from sfs is really good he had my custom white hoses done in around 8working days, it was a little bit more expencive but not too bad in price ;)

It was the 4" to 3" reducer with a 45degree bend in it that cost the most for me £57.00 +vat

I think thats the guy I must have spoken to then, thats alot what was the need for the 4"-3" reducer?

how about a carbon theme? like mplavery? his bay looks sweet

All I would be able to do carbon wise is the spark plug cover and a strut brace... lol and then I would have to chop it up to fit a clear pulley cover. If I had more stuff in the bay then I could of got more carbon bits