The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guigsy's dragonball prep thread

Guigsy

So. Im going to have a tight deadline to get the car ready before dragonball. So for my own record and maybe your interest i thought you would like some details and pictures...

Since I bought my new car 6 months or so ago iv never been happy with it. At first it didnt run. Needed mapping etc. Garage 786 and ryan sorted that out for me just in time for suprapod.

However it was still too loud. Too bumpy. No interior. Few dents. No aircon. so the car didn't get driven much.

Iv also had some electrical issues. Blew a fuse for the fuel pump when a redundant connector strayed into the fan and shorted out.

Fixed that and then the dli blew up. Car still ran but misfired on boost. Then the aem ecu died.

So iv been collecting bits and pieces of interior. Most from ryans car he was breaking but some bits from keron. And others here and there.

The car now has aircon refitted. And iv swapped the cream interior from my uk car along with my cream recaro seats.

Iv done a bit of sound proofing and fitted what interior I could. Including speakers and things. But it's bare from the seats backwards. that's all I could get done before the nights got too long and the days too cold :p

The car is also going to be stickered up for the dragonball trip on the 17th may. Which is my ultimate deadline to get the car ready. Which is looming fast!

The car broke down in the work carpark during it's weekly outing. That was the aem although didn't know it at the time. The car got towed home and put on the road next my house. then a few days later it was sent back up to garage 786. However the night before this someone vandalised it with spraypaint and eggs. But i didnt discover this till the aa turned up to take the car away. As it was freezing cold the paint didn't stick and I rubbed it off easily. But it arrived at ash's covered in egg. He sent me a pm that read "car is here ok... Wtf", lol

I picked up a set of stock suspension which ash has fitted although he says it rides high. But as long as it's comfortable that's fine as I want to use it every day.

I also got a dli and aem off the guy who owns the envy supra. Sorry I forget your name.

A boost gauge from mr whiffin as I didn't have a proper one.

A 2nd hand twin box whifbitz exhaust system along with a 4" to 3" vband to 2 bolt converter thing. All sent to ash.

Ran into an issue making the exhaust fit so will have to have it chopped up so it mounts correctly. But I think I'll end up swapping out the blitz on my uk car as I love it.

So I'll end up with greddy manifold. Bl 4" downpipe. Bl 4" mid pipe. And a mongrel 3" "whiffBlitz" rear section.

Ash is also doing a load of other things. But I don't remember the full list (was rather long) I'll add it later.

Relocate battery from the boot to the bonnet.

brake fluid change as they were a bit spongy.

Fix a reoccurring leak on the turbo oil return.

He has also fitted and moved my gauges into my 3 pod pillar holder.

Big thanks to ash, and Ryan for some help with getting the new ecu running and some troubleshooting I believe.

So when I get the car back which should be soon. this is my list...

Get the exhaust sorted out.

Get a geo setup.

Fit rear plastics and door sill strips

Fit rear seats

Fit headunit and cubby

Move boost controler to cubby

Fit boot plastics

Fit other boot bits. Foam holders. Plastic cover etc

Fit boot blind retractors into the boot lid.

Fit aerial

Fit carpet sill clips

Fit shine diffuser :)

Fit stock plastic external trim pieces.

Fit usdm spec "supra turbo" badge

Fit titan motorsports window sticker. Might do a bit of window tint over the top of the screen too. Don't know yet

Then the car needs bodywork

Dent in bonnet

Dent in sill on passenger side

Dent rear drivers side quater.

Fit/paint sidepods (need to get these as mine are missing some bits to make them fit properly)

Fix a bit of rust on the pas side rear arch.

Fill rear hatch wiper hole and remove washer.

Remove some sticky gunk on the door sills from where some skirts were fitted.

All over machine polish and a damn good valet as there is green stuff growing in my door rubbers and moss arround my rear windows :p

Then it's off to get the dragonball stickers applied which will take a week.

Going to be tight I think!

Included a few pics. One when I was broken down when the fuel pump fuse conked out. Then the others of the egg and paint damage. I'll take some more pics as soon as I have something to take!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333321797.951541.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333321819.627214.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333321851.952040.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333321873.768811.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333321965.023973.jpg

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Um. Volk something. They are listed in my garage

It took me like 3 days to swap the carpets and remove seats. It's the first time iv had to do anything like this. It's the biggest jigsaw iv ever seen :p. So a few days work at my slow speed should see the interior back in... I hope

Yeah. Iv fitted most of em and had to take em back out at least once lol

It's just that it's gotta go for paint then be stickered up which is probably 3 weeks minimum in total. I also want to run the car a bit so I know it's going to be reliable. Lol

Um. Volk something. They are listed in my garage

It took me like 3 days to swap the carpets and remove seats. It's the first time iv had to do anything like this. It's the biggest jigsaw iv ever seen :p. So a few days work at my slow speed should see the interior back in... I hope

Man next sunday, 1/2 hour and ill have the interior fitted for yas.

Looking forward to seeing it with the work done, I'm pleased your getting the interior put back in, I shouldnt imagine that your Mrs would be happy rattling around Holland without it!

Nope. She went in it once with the old bucket seats. Not impressed lol

Just had a call from ash. Can't really move the battery from the boot as the loom under the bonnet was chopped. So new loom needed for that. Which is a total pita. so it's going to have to stay in the boot and be made tidy... More work lol.

And ash is having trouble contacting Ryan. The new ecu had to have the firmware downgraded to match the map. And it now idles at 2000rpm.

Will try and give him a call when I get in.

• 2 weeks later...

Ash has managed to relocate my battery somehow although the loom was hacked arround. Which is great as I wanted a clean boot.

And ash has spoken to Ryan about the high idle. I believe the aem has been adjusted but it's still high. The idle control valve has been swapped too but there still appears to be a problem.

I'm waiting on another call from him later as I was hoping to get the car back tomorrow.

It's starting to look doubtful I'll have time to get the car in the bodyshop. Have the exhaust modified. Then have stickers applied and do all the other odd jobs before dragonball... Starting to get worried about it now.

Ash has managed to relocate my battery somehow although the loom was hacked arround. Which is great as I wanted a clean boot.

And ash has spoken to Ryan about the high idle. I believe the aem has been adjusted but it's still high. The idle control valve has been swapped too but there still appears to be a problem.

I'm waiting on another call from him later as I was hoping to get the car back tomorrow.

It's starting to look doubtful I'll have time to get the car in the bodyshop. Have the exhaust modified. Then have stickers applied and do all the other odd jobs before dragonball... Starting to get worried about it now.

You'll be fine, you still got over a month left to sort it out, I'd send one weekend on sorting out the whole interior. That way a big part of it is done, Ryan can sort out the high idle once his back from Dubai. In the meantime it is in safe hands at Ash's.

The sticker job should be a one day drop it off & collecting following day & so should the exhaust manifold.

Don't give up the love just yet mate ;)

Jesus Guigs. I would have sold it/set fire to it/abandoned it in High Wycombe..............please delete as appropriate..!!

You have much more patience than I have mate. I really hope this all comes together before the DB. Have you got breakdown cover?

H.

Yep. But not for Europe. I'll sort that tho.

I still have the blue uk supra on the drive as a backup. It just needs tax. Service. Insurance and the radio and seats swapping over. But I'd rather go in the White car :)

You weren't considering stickering up a newly painted car were you?

You'll be fine, you still got over a month left to sort it out, I'd send one weekend on sorting out the whole interior. That way a big part of it is done, Ryan can sort out the high idle once his back from Dubai. In the meantime it is in safe hands at Ash's.

The sticker job should be a one day drop it off & collecting following day & so should the exhaust manifold.

Don't give up the love just yet mate ;)

The chap who is doing the stickers on the other car seem to want his car for a week. Which is what alarms me. Lol. But mine is going somewhere else. I will have to check.

The exhaust shouldn't be dificult but it's a good 30 min drive away and I'd rather not leave the car as my mrs doesn't drive. I'm hoping he can measure it up and wont need the car. It should just be shortening a few bits I think.

If Evinx isn't working I'm sure he will pop over and help me blitz the car one weekend. I'm just worried I don't have something obvious or something crops up that takes longer to fix.

You weren't considering stickering up a newly painted car were you?

Nope. The bits I need doing are luckily in areas with no stickers. But still I wanted it done sooner rather than later.

I wanted the wiper hole filled. (i think ill just get a bit of vinyl off ebay to cover it as its slowly letting in water) And a dent in the bonnet filled. Iv also got a few dents that need fixing. One should be ok but the other will need to be pulled out and it stops me putting the side trim on as it's on the sill.

Feck. That reminds me I need some stock sidepods.

The chap who is doing the stickers on the other car seem to want his car for a week. Which is what alarms me. Lol. But mine is going somewhere else. I will have to check.

The exhaust shouldn't be dificult but it's a good 30 min drive away and I'd rather not leave the car as my mrs doesn't drive. I'm hoping he can measure it up and wont need the car. It should just be shortening a few bits I think.

If Evinx isn't working I'm sure he will pop over and help me blitz the car one weekend. I'm just worried I don't have something obvious or something crops up that takes longer to fix.

Might be free sunday, ill let ya know! :)

As Ryan is away ATM and very busy when he gets back we cant get the 2000 rpm idle issue sorted easily.

I'm heading to Leicester now on the train to pick up the car so I can work on it and I'll see if I can steal a few mins with Ryan when he is back.

Ash has done a great job by the sounds of things and done all I asked.

Exhaust is the next big job and will get as much done this weekend as I can.

Also booked the car in for the dragonball graphics on the 27th April!