The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Subaru power steering resevoir on supra?

FOSTA

don't know if it would work, but have you tried Keron? appologies if you have, but there seems to be quite a few cars been broken at the moment

Yeah I tried him a few weeks back he said if he gets a TT he normally keeps it as one so he can do engine swaps. so if he gets one in I don't think he wants to start taking them apart mate :)

I dont see why it wouldn't work, it's only a place to store fluid...

That's what I was thinking mate, that's why I just started looking for any old reservoir aslong as it has the 2 ports I thought it might work. but I just want to make sure as I'm not very clued up with stuff like this lol

I have 3 at the chromers but wont be ready for another 3 weeks as some northern monkey has sent me his engine

How much you looking for one of yours mate? i like the idea of it being chromed :D

I also have a set of TT cam covers there witch im thinking of attempting to polish lol so how much would you charge to chrome them mate?

Cheers

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

I have one that I got from Parry that didn't make it to my car. Spare now, I paid £55 posted for it so you can have it for the same back if you like.

For sale thread:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?261522-polished-power-steering-resevoir

Yeah I pm'd parry not long ago and he said he had sold it like. Why did it not make it on your car?

Cheers

It arrived the day after I sent my car for it's power steering leak to be sorted. Not enough time to get the part over to my mechanic and it was pot luck if it'll replace the 1UZ reservoir I have. I don't know how to swap it myself and not too fussed now to pay someone to pull the pipes off and make a good ol' mess. It looks like it could be quite shiny if it was cleaned up. If you're interested I could have a go with the Autosol for you.

Got a spare steering rack too as that wasn't the source of the leak as suspected. In case you are rounding up parts. ;)

That's what I was thinking mate, that's why I just started looking for any old reservoir aslong as it has the 2 ports I thought it might work. but I just want to make sure as I'm not very clued up with stuff like this lol

Ive got a swirl pot for sale, £35, Its like new

How much you looking for one of yours mate? i like the idea of it being chromed :D

I also have a set of TT cam covers there witch im thinking of attempting to polish lol so how much would you charge to chrome them mate?

Cheers

£100 for cam covers to be JUST chromed if already polished.

£70 for chromed TT tank