The mkiv Supra Owners Club

After a little tinkering...and swearing...

Guest SilverSup

Guest SilverSup

I've finally got around to getting my supe looking just the way i want it (well, started to at least).

Fitted new 18" staggered alloys 8.5" fronts, 10" rears. The car is already on Toyota/Bilstein supsension so i think it sits just right without having to roll any arches. Nothing rubs at all.

Got around to servicing the front brake calipers (will have to do the rears at the weekend when i've got a little more time). Managed to paint 1 caliper (looks a bit odd at the moment, but give it another few days and all will be good).

Serviced the engine with new plugs, oil etc etc.

And i decided to mod the headlights a little. I wanted the 97-98 spec Series 2 black headlights, but then saw the price everywhere is asking for them! over $1000 for headlights??!!! Needless to say, i thought "f*ck that, i'll do it a little cheaper." So i went ahead, took my old headlights, slung them in the oven and split them so i could paint up the silver/chrome surrounds. Doesn't look quite the same as the Series 2 lights, but just the same effect and at less than 1/100th of the cost i can't really complain.

Next week it'll hopefully be going in for it's full respray. I'm having it done in Ferrari "Canna Di Fucile" metallic dark grey.

Pics below:

IMG_0868.JPG

IMG_0867.JPG

IMG_0866.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

Guest SilverSup

Yes, those are the wheels that get listed on ebay. A piece of advice though - don't buy the ones with tyres fitted. They say that they'll supply mid-range tyres, but when i got mine, the inner lip was torn so tyre kept going flat. When i went to the local tyre shop, they said that the tyres that had been fitted were possibly the worst budget tyre around as the sidewalls are really weak and split regularly. I think they were called "Fullrun" or something like that.

So now i've had mid-range tyres fitted and got a full refund (for cost of new tyres) back off the wheel supplier. Can't fault the wheel suppliers customer care though, they refunded without argument.

The front splitter is just the standard lip as far as i'm aware?? There's no additional lower splitter fitted.

Guest SilverSup
These are the exact wheels i wanted to fit on the colour car aswell, they look nice but now i have to look for something else !

you snooze, you lose! :D

They are great looking wheels. They don't look much different than the BBS splits and for 1/3 of the price!