The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Low Boost - High Boost on stock twins?

andz222

• 1 month later...
Get yourself over to a trader from here and let them set it up. Try Whifbitz or SRD

i have a 1.2 bar restrictor ring installed daily driveing low boost setting 1 bar when i set the controller to high boost setting the needle hits near 1.4 bar on the boost guage is this normal

i have a 1.2 bar restrictor ring installed daily driveing low boost setting 1 bar when i set the controller to high boost setting the needle hits near 1.4 bar on the boost guage is this normal

A boost controller can only raise the boost pressure it cannot reduce the pressure.

There is no such thing as a 1.2bar restrictor ring, it is just a piece of metal with a hole in it, the diameter of the hole will effect the restriction in the exhaust that is created, the boost pressure will vary from car to car; ambient temps, the exhaust fitted, decat pipes fitted, etc. will all effect the boost pressure that the car will make.

What boost pressure does the car make with the boost controller turned off? If it makes 1.2bar, then leave it turned off - the turbos will not last long at 1.4bar.

If you want to use the boost controller then you'll need to fit a different restrictor ring with a slightly smaller diameter hole so that the boost is around 1bar with the BC turned off, you can then use the boost controller to raise the boost to a safe 1.2bar.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)