The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Days in different regions

CJ

I posted several threads in the regional events sections earlier today but they have now either been deleted or locked as it was felt that I was spamming the section and that one thread here could achieve more.

So, here's what I posted earlier:

We recently had a great day out at Austec Racing, Crawley and it got me thinking whether we could roll out the charity dyno day to other regions?

It would mean somebody local contacting a dyno owner and finding out if he would be interested in the free publicity and word of mouth advertising in exchange for having all the donations for power runs going to the Macmillan Cancer Support charity.

What do you reckon?

If an event mod feels this is a good idea, maybe you can contact me and we can see if we can work out a way forward. Or if a member is interested in getting involved in organising something then that is fine too. :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey CJ, I don't mind helping out an events organiser sort one of these for in the West Midlands / South West border area. (I'm not sure who took over from me when I took a back seat a while ago.)

There is a large tuning garage with a 4WD dyno just off J9 of the M5, dunno how accurate it is but I believe the Scooby crowd rate that place - they certainly used to when I discovered it a few years ago and I assume it's still going.

I know of a place in Leeds which I'm happy to see if I can get an agreement with, although I think it would be more along the lines of 50% to them 50% to the charity, it's Yorkshire remember, there not into all this 'donation' malarky :D.

As a Leeds United fan I expected as much :D

Providing we can get enough numbers then I am sure it could be worthwhile even on that basis. If you could have a word then that would be ace.

I hope we can get something organised up here, be it Aberdeen or even just Scotland in general! :)

I am happy to travel but would need locals to help me locate dyno operators who may be interested in holding a charity event.

Is there a list of event mods available?

Event mods;

Tom S, Suprash, lui, Sted, Aero-M, Ricky49, wilkorangerover, drift_bear, marc_p, ugp, jim, scotty71, wile e coyote, Blackie,

Normal mods;

Pixelfill, rob wild, Pete, Charlotte, Ian C, JustGav, Gaz6002, johnny g, AndrewOW, Bobbeh

They're all of them, but obviously it doesn't say which area they're in charge of.

Edited by Josh (see edit history)

Moderators of this Forum

Tom S, Suprash, lui, Sted, Aero-M, Ricky49, wilkorangerover, drift_bear, marc_p, ugp, jim, scotty71, wile e coyote, Blackie, Pixelfill, rob wild, Pete, Charlotte, Ian C, JustGav, Gaz6002, johnny g, AndrewOW, Bobbeh

They're all of them, but obviously it doesn't say which area they're in charge of.

They are not all events mods Josh. ;)

I have sorted that now and have sent a PM to them all asking if there may be interest.

Hi CJ,

I deal with JAE only, but will help out if needed. UGP deals with the NE.. I see he is on your list..

:flasher:

suggestion - we will have a big presence at all the big Jap shows this year. why don't we have people on the stands collecting for Macmillan. maybe even get the show to recognise that the club supports Macmillan and mentions it in any relevant promotional material...

suggestion - we will have a big presence at all the big Jap shows this year. why don't we have people on the stands collecting for Macmillan. maybe even get the show to recognise that the club supports Macmillan and mentions it in any relevant promotional material...

Thats two great minds thinking alike as I had that very thought myself.

I will contact the organisers and also the mods here to see what can be done. ;)

Hiya folks - sorry for the delay but I was waiting for a response to the PM's I sent to all the event mods but I am yet to receive a single reply. I would have thought a polite thanks but no thanks would not have been too much to ask but hey ho - lets see if we can get things started anyway.

OK, so the way I see it is that we need to organise events on a regional basis and for that I need the local members help. I say this as I don't have local knowledge but will offer any assistance I can in writing to the the dyno operators or drafting letters for you to write etc.

The way I see this working is similar to what we did at Austec. We can look at getting a dyno operator to open on a Saturday or Sunday and offer discounted power runs on the day. In Austecs case they then donated all the money taken to the charity but even if we could get a dyno operator to offer 50 / 50 then providing the number of attendees are OK it could still work out OK.

I think we would need to offer it to other forums too but I cannot see that being an issue. I also think that we could organise another raffle event but this time only for people attending with prizes being donated by Macmillan and other companies I can approach on their behalf.

So, what do you lot think? Do you know of a dyno operator in your area that could be approached? What do you think is the best way forward? Do you want to chat to your local members and see if there is interest?

You didn't ask for pm replies CJ, you asked us to post in this thread, which most have bud ;)

We're up for it, I need to see where the potential location(s) are and give them a shout to see how willing they'd be hopefully early this week.

You didn't ask for pm replies CJ, you asked us to post in this thread, which most have bud ;)

We're up for it, I need to see where the potential location(s) are and give them a shout to see how willing they'd be hopefully early this week.

Nice one Jim. :)

A reply on the thread here was what I meant TBH. No matter, lets see if we can organise something anway. Even if the charity thing doesn't earn much it is a great way to get to meet others ;)