The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Love supras Hate morons

ADZsupra

There i was minding my own business at my desk when the guy i can only describe as fcukwit came down...now this guy knows alot about nothing...his knowledge of cars is well...ill let you decide. Going on about the company car scheme and the deals available ..he started talking about the audi TDI A5 and some if the 2 litre turbo diesel bmw's..the funny bit came when he said i could sell the supra and get one of those because wait for it...theyre faster and have more torque than my supra?! i first if all laughed..then asked what his beemer is pushing..245bhp and 290ftlb torque..0-60 in 5.7 seconds....he then went on to say his beemer would beat mine..lol. i just shook my head and said..oh dear

What an eejit. There's a guy here that was trying to convince me that changing the head gasket meant getting a whole brand new engine. I explained to him what it means and even showed him pictures and diagrams, but he wouldn't listen and is continuing to say he got a brand new engine. Wonder how he'll explain the high mileage on the "new" engine when he comes to sell it..

Oh yeah, and it's a Rover :D

Edited by Josh (see edit history)

My colleague has a A5 TDI (2.0) and he will confirm how slow they are! He previously had the 3.0 TDI Audi A5 and regretted selling that, which was a bit quicker.

I have a lot of friends who drive BMW's - Not one of them know the slightest thing about cars, in general. Luckily most of them admit to it!

Morning guys.my god hes relentless! .just to shut the plank up his mate has an audi S5 so uping the ante so to speak..i told to quit his jibber jabber and and if he wants to put his money where his mouth is..the tight fisted car not-got-a-cluethuastist again declined..but..his mate however smiled and said he be happy to take my money off me.. and so the challenge was on..high spec'd SRD bpu vs V8 audi S5 ;). Time n location unknown...heading home last night thinking about how crap i still felt from the food poisoning on monday i heard this thumping roar coming up behind me..yup..there he was..but no rolling start..he just caned it past me giving me the finger...so..time for me n max to lay that fkin track in the words of limp buiscuit ;).. Cruise control off..overdrive off..hold on and kick down baby! ..opening up his power my boy did me proud...leathering past him at a conservatively legal speed of course ;)..so much so i had enough time to pull into the services..get out and watch him troundle past.. supra- 1 S5-0

Edited by ADZsupra (see edit history)

Morning guys.my god hes relentless! .just to shut the plank up his mate has an audi S5 so uping the ante so to speak..i told to quit his jibber jabber and and if he wants to put his money where his mouth is..the tight fisted car not-got-a-cluethuastist again declined..but..his mate however smiled and said he be happy to take my money off me.. and so the challenge was on..high spec'd SRD bpu vs V8 audi S5 ;). Time n location unknown...heading home last night thinking about how crap i still felt from the food poisoning on monday i heard this thumping roar coming up behind me..yup..there he was..but no rolling start..he just caned it past me giving me the finger...so..time for me n max to lay that fkin track in the words of limp buiscuit ;).. Cruise control off..overdrive off..hold on and kick down baby! ..opening up his power my boy did me proud...leathering past him at a conservatively legal speed of course ;)..so much so i had enough tine tobpull into the services..get out and watch him troundle past.. supra- 1 S5-0

Great stuff. Hopefully he went home and cried himself to sleep :D