The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey Guys

WaLKeRR

Hey all, Im Rob from the Manchester area, 22 currently on the lookout for a supra :D, been to see a few not really been impressed with the condition of them, my brother was a member on here a year ago maybe, i currently drive a honda civic coupe SR (noise no power) hoping to have a supra by the summer :D hopefully you guys can help me out i know some of the stuff due to fixing my bro's supra all the time:blink: LOL

Im after an N.A (everyone boo's lol) being 22 and living in Manchester a TT on the phone to the insurance they will probably slam the phone down, and my budget depends really ideally if i sold my civic for around 2k i could have anywhere upto £5500 for one

Get a uk spec tt as it'll probably be cheaper than an NA to insure

Do lots of research as theres plenty of old dogs out there that you really dont want unless you have another £5k +

to throw at it to fix it.

Look beyond the wheels and paintwork ;)

hmmm il struggle gettin an na as it is, i dont have an extra 5k no :p ha, and, its more power than my civic so thats better :D, plus my civic when i say noise i mean noise :blink: have to just get some quotes and see what comes out best places to call any ideas?

I have a straight through spoon n1 yeh they love me to at 7am coming home lol vtec :innocent:

any places good for insurance ive looked on the site and tryed graham sykes she gave me 20k as a qoute i was like urm no?, then she said about a scheme for modifications, she going to call back

lynbrook just said no before i even said anything i went 22 supra, she goes no

im searching around as we speak calling people up, which gives me the go ahead to have a proper search for a supra

Buying the car is just the start mate, if you cant comfortably afford to buy one then in all honesty I would look at something else.

As DnK has said last thing you want is a cheaper car that will the hammer you for repairs.

Wait and save :)

first welcome to the forum

has mentioned better to save up more than you need just incase of repairs and etc and these 3litre straight six will drink petrol. you are only 22 so plenty of time to find the perfect one and save for it. :)

I can afford to run and insure it that isnt the problem i know most of you will go WOW!! but its 1600 for the year with 0 no claims, i thought i had 4years, i dont mind repairs im a mechanic myself and repaired my brothers supra 24/7 so that doesnt bother me..i just feel its time for a change and came the way of toyota supra no one's gunna change my opinion, yeh its not a TT and all that but its fine for me

been to see a few not really been impressed with the condition of them

Unfortunately most of them are pretty rough, they are getting on a bit. Keep looking, there are some nice ones out there but don't just settle for the first one that turns up :)