The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trial rear and Shine Auto diffuser combination - Would it work?

RCK10

This could be a ridiculous question to ask, but do you think this is a possible combination? And do you think it could look good if done right? I've got no experience with either the bumper or diffuser, so I'm not sure where the mounting points are etc.

Combine the top half of the trial bumper to just below the ridge, and the bottom of a stock bumper. Attach the diffuser to the stock bumper. I've seen people combine two different bumpers before, but not sure if this one would be possible.

I've always proffered the Trial rear over stock, but at the same time I prefer the Shine Auto diffuser to the standard one on the Trial bumper. I've been trying to think of something a little different for when I finally get a Supra, and I haven't seen this done before (If it has, can you post a link please)...

I had a little play with paint, but as you can probably tell my skills are lacking :p I'm trying to find a different look, but without going over the top! :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=149010&stc=1&d=1332888436

Any advice would be appreciated.

dsfsd.jpg

Edited by RCK10 (see edit history)

How would it work?

I don't know. That's why I posted this thread. I've seen combinations of different bumpers put together. A few on here have done it as well.

Why not?

It will be a little different compared to all the other Supra's out there with the Trial rear. Maybe it will look good and maybe it will look terrible, but everyone has different taste's. There's only one way to find out I guess :D

I'm just trying to see if the people that have experience with either think that it could work, and then I will know whether to bin the idea, or keep it as a possibility. :)

You will be wasting money, side view will look odd, do not waste your time, have you been drinking tonight lol?

I wish lol.

It was just a random idea that could look a little different to your normal supra rear end. To be honest I never thought it would work, but figured I'd see other's opinions on it anyway :)

I have actually spoke to another member on this subject as he was considering exactly this on his supra. For it to work the diffuser that is molded into the trial would need to be cut out and the shine mounted up into the gap, not sure if it would work but it could.

What I had in mind was to remove the bottom section including the diffuser completely, and then combine the bottom of a stock bumper, joining them just below the ridge of the Trial (fairly similar position to the area they join on the picture in the first post). Then fit the shine diffuser to the bottom of the stock bumper as you normally would. I've really no idea if it's even slightly possible though. Some bodywork guru's would be helpful just now ;)

not sure if it would work but it could.

I guess there will only be one way to find it. I may give it a try when the time comes, but it could be an expensive mistake if it goes wrong :badidea:

What I had in mind was to remove the bottom section including the diffuser completely, and then combine the bottom of a stock bumper, joining them just below the ridge of the Trial (fairly similar position to the area they join on the picture in the first post). Then fit the shine diffuser to the bottom of the stock bumper as you normally would. I've really no idea if it's even slightly possible though. Some bodywork guru's would be helpful just now ;)

I guess there will only be one way to find it. I may give it a try when the time comes, but it could be an expensive mistake if it goes wrong :badidea:

Anything thing is possible mate, it could be done but would take alot of time and if you do not have the skill to do it yourself it would end up costing some serious money for something you could hate.

The best thing to do would be to do it on a replica trial rear and a cheap ebay diffuser, just to minimise costs.