The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel choices?

qwarrior

I need some new wheels for the car and I used to have flat black 3 spokes on which got damaged in an accident which involved me, a fit of rage and a skill saw, but we'll not go there.

I have a set of stock Toyota wheels on at the mo (supplied by littlenum) because I haven't made my mind up on what I want, but they're annoying me.

I would like a new set of gloss or flat black wheels, but the missus recons they look chav'y on a black car. I've photoshoped up a compromise with these TSW Strip's.

Wadaya all think (of the wheels, not my photoshop skills)?

Before (the missing centre cap is somewhere in the tyre wall at the Teeside Autodrome)

IMAG0101.jpg

After

IMAG0101_b.jpg

IMO i just don't think these suit the look of the car. I just don't like black on black (tyres and wheels) i think you need some contrast.

I have a black sup and it has gun metal alloys. I really like them on my car.

BTW i am not being big headed as i did not put them on my sup but the bloke i bought her off had taste (IMO)

pics

full side.jpg

wheel.jpg

they don't look like dark gun metal here but they are in reality

BTW just noticed that you have clear side repeaters. they look nice on it

I am about to do this to mine but was unsure because it is a Jap-import and i have heard the bulb holders + bulb don't fit the lenses off ebay. IS yours an import or UK spec?

J-Spec mate, but had the repeaters when I bought it and have not had to change the bulbs yet, so couldn't give you a heads up on that I'm afraid.

Out of those 2, stock looks better, IMO TSW are fairly cheap wheels and look cheap aswell.

Seeing as you have a stock bodied Supra, CCW Classics would be a win, or maybe the Forgestar F14's

Both very nice but as you say very expensive. The car is mostly used for track days, so I'm trying to get away with 17s for weight but may have to go with 18s to get them over the brakes. The 17s I have on are clear by about 3mm at the mo, which I'm not happy with.

I have a limited budget and would rather spend the extra cash on tyres, brakes and other track day related stuff. It's not going to be a show car. Also I'd be gutted if I'd spent that much and then run out of talent and damaged them. Maybe I should have explianed better in my original post.

;) But cheers for the replies guys.