The mkiv Supra Owners Club

adjustable cam pulleys

Parry_10

Been looking through a few threads and cant seem to find an answer. Are adjustable cam pulleys needed for say upto 800fwhp? or can it be done with the stock pulleys and aftermarket cams? is the difference in performance worth paying the £200 for adjustable pulleys?

I use JUN in the race car, they are steel and have 5 bolts holding the 2 halves together, but they are expensive !!! I saw some a fella got on ebay for about £30, they looked very good and had 5 bolts !!! Dont get the HKS they are crap.

I use JUN in the race car, they are steel and have 5 bolts holding the 2 halves together, but they are expensive !!! I saw some a fella got on ebay for about £30, they looked very good and had 5 bolts !!! Dont get the HKS they are crap.

Ok so avoid hks. These ones look any good? they have 5 bolts and the material is good but being ebay im not sure

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-ADJUSTABLE-VERNIER-CAM-PULLEYS-1JZ-2JZ-GTE-/130334223180?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e58866b4c

They dont look bad dude, dont let ebay put you off they prob come from the same factory as all the top tuner ones.

Thanks dude, I see what your saying I know that material is good and strong so I dont see why they wouldnt be as good as branded ones to be honest. Saw the blues ones as well but I want the red as it will match the colour of my meister r suspension lol:D not bad for £100 a pair