The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra/Soarer front brake conversion

Guest SilverSup

Guest SilverSup

Hi folks, just needing a few bits of information. As i've knackered my OEM front caliper, i saw the opportunity to "upgrade" as almost nobody has a J-spec OSF caliper for a MkIV supra.

I'm looking at doing the soarer front brake conversion on my J-Spec Supra.

Is this a complex/expensive conversion? Are they the same or just very similar?

Will the discs need to be changed or are they the same?

I've seen that there may be issues with the banjo fitting on the back of the caliper with the locating lug being in the wrong place?

Edited by SilverSup (see edit history)

Guest SilverSup
i've just got some KSports for the front of mine to replace the JSpecs as one of the pistons seized i can highly recommend them, easy fitment

yes, i've heard good news about the k-sport kit. unfortunately, i haven't got over £1k spare :(

and besides that, i think it's a little OTT for just an n/a..

Soarer TT front brakes are the same as the J-spec Supra

If you need calipers you can look for Soarer TT, Lexus GS (Aristo) Mk1 & 2, and Lexus LS. Just make sure that the donor has 296mm discs and that the caliper is marked "32V"

I'm not sure if IS calipers are the same. The bolt spacing at the hub end of the bracket is different, but I don't know about the caliper.

Guest SilverSup
Soarer TT front brakes are the same as the J-spec Supra

If you need calipers you can look for Soarer TT, Lexus GS (Aristo) Mk1 & 2, and Lexus LS. Just make sure that the donor has 296mm discs and that the caliper is marked "32V"

I'm not sure if IS calipers are the same. The bolt spacing at the hub end of the bracket is different, but I don't know about the caliper.

what about the 4.0l V8 soarer brakes? i ask this because there is someone local to me who's breaking a 4.0l V8 soarer