The mkiv Supra Owners Club

japspeed exhaust question

Guest suprasteven

Guest suprasteven

Hey guys

i wanted a bit of advice as you know i have a N/A but wanted a nice sounding exhaust on it someone suggested to me a Japspeed exhaust

Are they any good and worth it??

Thanks

Guest suprasteven

nope i dont its still compleatly stock i havent de cat it and was told not to as it could be very loud

i am quite curious to see how loud . . . :)

nope i dont its still compleatly stock i havent de cat it and was told not to as it could be very loud

i am quite curious to see how loud . . . :)

Trust me it can be very loud, If I was you I would consider getting the 1st decat from whifbits as the 1st is the twin branch looking decat and has the most restriction out of the two and will help your car rev better,faster and harder ect. The decat is a 2.5 I think your stock 2nd cat is a 2.5 and I would get yourself a whifbitzs 2.5 exhaust as 3inch is too much IMO.

Personally I wouldn't go 3inch on a NA as it is too big but if you still have both the cats in it will certainly make it louder and should sound nice still regardless of whatever you buy. I think you can get a japspeed exhaust for £250 + but I would have a look at whifbitzs as they have a wider range of exhausts to choose from over just the one. There may be some up for sale on here depending what you are after like a nur spec r for example.

Well I have 2.5" double decats and 3" cat back it is loud but I love it I'm not sure the neighbours are to keen tho lol and mines a N/A

Do you get a nasty rasp around 3k plus revs?? I always thought you are losing some acceleration by having a 3inch as well but each to their own.

Guest suprasteven

ummm thinking thinking!!

if it does improve throttle response like u guys say then i ll def go for it

if its just noise then doesnt really matter and i d only go for a back box