The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A tuning

Guest triphead

Guest triphead

is there any point remapping an N/A manual to try get a bit of power from it?

i spose the N/A is more about just the beutifull looks.

just not that fast tbh about the same as my old FTO id say. more fun with RWD though

The stock ECU cannot be remapped, there are aftermarket modified stock ECUs such as the Mines, Blitz and TOMS which should make a little difference but they're quite rare and not particularly cheap.

Tubular manifold, decat and 2JZ-GE cat back exhaust will add a few hp and make the car feel a little more responsive. Don't bother with an aftermarket induction kit, the best option is the stock airbox with perhaps an aftermarket panel filter.

Full service and new oxygen sensors, will help get the best out of the engine.

As Dunk says, I'd spend the money optimising the braking - new pads, discs, decent fluid, braided lines, brake master cylinder brace - tyres and the suspension setup.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Guest triphead

brakes seems to be a good idea to be honest. most of the things you guys suggested are already done. buying a tt isnt realy an option for me i love manual and manual tt's are expencive for a weekend car. while im saving for a house anyway. maybe after i got a house ill get a TT.

but for now it seems brakes would be the best upgrade.

cheers for all yo

I have a upgraded manifold that does the first decat as well, 2nd decat,catback exhaust, standard panel filter upgrade and a mines ecu and it has certainly livened it up but overall cost ect it could of been better spent on a TT or towards a TT. Search about any modifications to a NA and welcome yourself to the world of high cost and small gain.

The only real way to make a NA faster is to go NA-T. It isn't particularly cheap when done right and won't be as reliable as a stock TT. Swapping the engine with a GTE is a probably a better\cheaper option, if you can find the right engine that is ...

Personally i consider other mods besides a catback exhaust useless on a NA.