The mkiv Supra Owners Club

550-600 bhp cost?

Guest fmj-90

The kits may be cheap. Plus freight, plus taxes and import duty, plus seals, plus lines for oil/water, plus downpipe, plus gaskets, plus injectors, plus fuel pump, plus FPR, plus ECU, plus mapping. You get the idea. Reliable results demand a quality build. Josh is a bit generous with his figures but its not cheap to go single reliably.

people say 10k, but i know of people doing it for less then 5k, and they aint had a problem yet.

10K seems to be a fair figure - certainly would be keen on seeing the specs of the car that have managed it successfully for half of that - maybe they did the work themselves and thereby saving on labour?

imi

because you wont actualy recieve them :p they dont have a great reputation i dont think.

And they are in the usa. so you will have to pay shipping which will be a lot. and then tax.

Oh and the manifold will probably not clear the steering colum as its probably made for a lhd car.

the cheepest whifbits kit is 4000

an ecu and mapping including loom etc is another 2k

If you need an exhaust thats 600-1000

fuel setup probably. fpr - 150, pump -150, injectors - between 100-150 each depending on size. along with other bits and pieces. easily 1000 total maybe more.

intercooler if your stock one is starting to age. the whifbits one is 540.

then id add easily another 1000-1500 for guages. oil and fuel lines. clamps. bov, and other misc items.

then if your not doing it yourself labour ontop of that.

so thats easily 10k right there. and thats without cams. pulleys and anything else you might want but not need.

people say 10k, but i know of people doing it for less then 5k, and they aint had a problem yet.

It is possible...

Buy everything second hand, do the work yourself & get a cheap ECU like megasquirt & hope it doesn't blow up.

With the £10k budget you are looking at doing things properly, if you have a good read on this forum you will see how critical it is to ensure the car has a good ECU and mapping. The power is achievable & cheap cost too, but what would you rather have, a cheap setup with power which breaks down quite a bit (meaning it is costing you your time now), or one that is done properly which is nice and reliable.

Just take a look at the top end single's which have been done properly, imi for example drives his single everyday!

Think he said that his done around 40k on his single turbo, now that is a sign of doing it properly. ;)

Edited by Abz
Added. (see edit history)

Do it once and do it properly, I spent over 10k when I did mine, some used parts and many new, there are parts that you have to have such as Ecu, turbo kit etc, but there are so many more that IMO should be fitted while it's all apart for peace of mind ref reliability, my advice!

Care to point me at them? I am genuinely interested in what the spec is for that sort of money.

- Remould tyres

- stock clutch (I've got enough plates in my kitchen thanks :) )

- j-spec brakes

- DAF truck turbo (eBay sez it's ball bearings!)

- cracked manifold, blowing gaskets. Made in China MoFo!

- manual boost valve (if it's good enough for a Renault 5...)

- HKS air filter ('coz I like my engine dirrrrty)

- stance'd

- various stickers

- eBay +++bhp chip

- Remould tyres

- j-spec brakes

- stance'd

- various stickers

- eBay +++bhp chip

:D

That made me chuckle

- Remould tyres

- j-spec brakes

- stance'd

- various stickers

- eBay +++bhp chip

How much do you want for it?? :D