The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new member hello!

ae8286

Hello people, Just thought to introduce myself. I am looking to buy a supra this year sometime and currently actively looking. I found forums to be extremely useful when acquiring knowledge and thought it might be a good idea to sign up.

Anyway i never actually driven or sat in a supra but i just love the way they look and the presence they have. I am a big toyota fan and the supra is the flagship sport model so i know i want be disappointed. I currently got couple of corolla gt's inc an ae86 and a EK9 civic type r.

My dream supra would be a red one, normal roof, turbo ideally a jap spec but with a uk front lip and some nice wheels. The performance mods etc not really fussed as long as it drives nice.

If i ask any noob q's its just cos am new!!

Hi there. Welcome.

Some great club members up around your area. Very friendly, so it's worth checking out the meets as it's coming up to warmer weather, and asking someone to take you for a drive.

Thus will your wages and savings disappear in the pursuit of perfection. :D Less so than if you owned a Nissan though.:D

Welcome to the club, Interested in some pictures of the AE86 always had a plan to buy one for a little project car. But don't think i have the time especially when i'm still modding the supra.

But this is a great place to start if you are looking for information on the mkiv's :)

thanks guys i'll post pics of the coupe next week when i wash it. i been reading interesting topic about auto and manual. auto are meant to be good. I like manuals but wanna sit in a auto now to see how that is. might just go to a meet and hopefully one of you guys can take me for a spin!!

• 4 months later...

hi guys i really need some advice.

I have been looking around at supras still havent driven or sat in one or gone to see one as the ones i really like are far. Am not a tyre kicker never have been so dont really like wasting peoples time. Anyway the more i search supras the more the name "SKYLINE" appears, in terms of, "dont get a supra get a skyline" friends etc. I actually went to look at a R32GTR yesterday and it was nice but the performance was not that good am sure my ek9 felt faster!! but it drove lovely.

What got me was the owner was an ex supra owner and said the skyline was better. Me being a diehard toyota fan found that hard to believe. I know opinions are gonna be biased but are there any supra owners that are ex skyline owners on here?

The owner saying he was an ex supra owner and he thinks the skyline is better means nowt simply because hes trying too sell his car hes gonna say anything to encourage you too by his car over the supra.

ask in the yorkshire section if someone local will take you out in theirs so you can get a feel for the car

good luck with your search

• 1 year later...

i really would like to get a supra now this year summer hopefully. I bought a e46 m3 vert in imola red least year. I like the car but now thinking maybe i should of got a supra rather than a poser! anyway if anyone knows of one could you point me in that direction. Just checked classified adds nothing really appealing to me.