The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre opinions please

dude

I need some rear tyres for the stealth car, in street trim it will run around at about 600hp but will do over 850 without NOS so need a good tyre for stuff like Marham, I have some 16 and 17" wheels for dedicated drag runs so its the tyres that it runs day to day I need help with, now I run a 295/35/18 these are approx 26" tall, I need this height to get over 200mph at redline, R888's do not come in this size, they do come in 275/40/18 though which is the correct height but I will lose a bit of width, I can get a 305/35/18 Drag Radial or do I just go for a more ordinary road tyre, after all the most powerful Porsches dont run 888's etc ?????? I dont mind running an intermediate race tyre E marked or not, what do you guys reckon, the 0nly 888 I can run is the 275/40/18. What other makes are known for good grip when warm ????

You used to be able to get a Yokohama A048R in a 27"..

It's what SW used to get his 247 as well.

Im not sure if they are discontinued or not though...

Nitto offer a 295/45/18 though. Haven't tried the Nitto's but apparently they are a good tyre

what about just running the drag look John and stick some BFG's or MS on them?

MT do a 305/35/18 but will be bad in the wet if I get caught out between Austec and pod etc Ive not checked BFG yet. Id rather go proper road tyre if poss and keep the drag radials to the 17's

You used to be able to get a Yokohama A048R in a 27"..

It's what SW used to get his 247 as well.

Im not sure if they are discontinued or not though...

Nitto offer a 295/45/18 though. Haven't tried the Nitto's but apparently they are a good tyre

295/45 is too tall but Nitto is a good call Amir Ill have a look with a 295/35 and the 6spd diff theoretical v max at redline in OD is 266 mph at stock redline !!!!