The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost Spiking on j-Spec

jmcc42uk

Hi Guys,

Just gone BPU and trying to dial in the correct settings on my boost controller. I have a SARD Trigger EBC and when the boost is set to 1.0 bar I am seeing a peak of 1.14. Then when set to the high boost setting of 1.05 the peak went up to 1.38.

The gain control is set to zero.

When the boost peaks, it's only there for a second and then starts to come down.

Is it dangerous to peak at 1.4 for a second on the j-spec turbos? Would really like it to boost 1.2 and hold that level.

Thanks

Jon

IMHO restrictor rings are a complete waste of money and rarely (if ever) work properly.

Is there another way to keep the jspec turbos in one piece, I am genuinely interested as I don't have a restrictor ring but do have a sard cat, but this doesn't have enough back pressure as I've hit 1.4-1.5 a couple of times and I now drive like an old man until I get a RR.

Is there another way to keep the jspec turbos in one piece, I am genuinely interested as I don't have a restrictor ring but do have a sard cat, but this doesn't have enough back pressure as I've hit 1.4-1.5 a couple of times and I now drive like an old man until I get a RR.

As soon as you raise the boost from stock, there is a danger they can go pop - and that is the same for UK as well as J-specs.

I remember asking the question years ago as to why my turbos boosted to 1.x (I cannot remember the exact figure but it was high) despite my boost controller being turned off and a restrictor ring being fitted.

Nobody could answer.

1.14 i wouldnt even bother witha boost controller , the thing is they dont normally work until 20% i know with the avcr anyway, you will have to get your boost down by the mean of a smaller rr or see what you can do with the brake points i wish i could help you more but i dont know that unit, maybe search on google