The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jesus does my flippin head in

jim

:D

I bust my Jesus handle a week or two ago and keron has kindly sorted me out with a replacement (bottom) clip. I've just spent half an hour cursing at the stupid thing because I can't get it to fit into the recess.

Has anyone replaced theirs before and if so is there a knack to it, or am I just being thick? It looks like I should fit the top end with the 'catch' in first, then the bottom end, and then fit the screw. I can't get the bottom end to go in. I don't want to use too much force for fear of busting it again.

Anyone able to help?

I have took mine off and on and shouldn't be too hard to put back on. If i remember right the top mount is solid and the bottom one slides, it hard to explain but if you have the workshop manual it give a bit of a diagram of it on the body mechanical section on removing the front window. I was trying to put it up here for you to see but I can't get it on someone with a bit more computer knowledge will be able.

Edited by Stephen G (see edit history)

Oh Jesus, why do you hate me...

I was well chuffed with myself, I got the clip in this evening while it was still light, turns out it just needed a bit of persuasion :) Sorted, just to slide the handle onto the clip...which just isn't happening. It needs to slide on from the bottom but I can't make the handle reach far enough down the A pillar to get it to engage.