The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New guy from Scotland

Gazz

hey every one...

My name is Gary (Gaz) 22 years old and have loved supras since i was able to drive just never able to afford one.... but the time is uppon me to find one after my current car sells... (kinda rubbish corsa C)

looking for a 5 speed manual N/A to start off so its cheaper on insurance than all the rest of them.. pretty much standard or with a s/s exhaust and aftermarket alloys is what im looking for just fingers crossed some one buys my c first

so hey again looking forward to meeting some of you in the future and using the forum for help on my supra when i get one...

Gaz

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really??? well a UK TT is more exspensive to buy to start with :p but what im mainly after is a 5spd na just to get me started... insurance company already said it will be expsensive the first year due to not having exsperiance with a powerful car, but with my track record they said it will drop a fair bit after the first year (had my corsa for 4 years now accident free) so hopefully ill sell my corsa soon and get a supra :)

really??? well a UK TT is more exspensive to buy to start with :p but what im mainly after is a 5spd na just to get me started... insurance company already said it will be expsensive the first year due to not having exsperiance with a powerful car, but with my track record they said it will drop a fair bit after the first year (had my corsa for 4 years now accident free) so hopefully ill sell my corsa soon and get a supra :)

how much they quote you :)? i would move to towards another company ;), admiral are cheap, also, competition car insurance...

check them out boh!

:welcome: Great bunch here and alot of local(ish) members to you! Get along to one of the meets coming up down your way and have a look at all the different types from NA auto - 6 speed single! Use the buying guide on here to help with your search aswell dude

yea i have already had a search :p i was eyeing up this one a week ago.. i constantly check PH for them daily :p

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3616805.htm

good starting car if im honnest just need the C to go first before i can buy a supra :)

Hello and welcome to the club, your age will be a killer but owning a supra makes it all worth it :D

it better :p been after one for a few years now hahaha, had a offer last year of a straight swap of my corsa c for a skyline GTST (guy had 2 and needed a nice cheap car for his daughter to start driving) but there was a tiny bit of rust on the arch (no problem) but there was a lot more rust under the bonnet on the susspension mounts that had just been sprayed over with silver spray paint done badly i might add too... so i walked away straight after that

how much they quote you :)? i would move to towards another company ;), admiral are cheap, also, competition car insurance...

check them out boh!

last year i got a quote on the said skyline (above) and a supra skyline was £1500 and supra was 1300... for a 5speed manual i think...

but that was 4ync with adrian flux... now with 5ync should be lower :)

yea i have already had a search :p i was eyeing up this one a week ago.. i constantly check PH for them daily :p

good starting car if im honnest just need the C to go first before i can buy a supra :)

it better :p been after one for a few years now hahaha, had a offer last year of a straight swap of my corsa c for a skyline GTST (guy had 2 and needed a nice cheap car for his daughter to start driving) but there was a tiny bit of rust on the arch (no problem) but there was a lot more rust under the bonnet on the susspension mounts that had just been sprayed over with silver spray paint done badly i might add too... so i walked away straight after that

Best advice anyone can give you is if in doubt walk away. There are plenty of good examples but there are also plenty of rusty money pits.

Best advice anyone can give you is if in doubt walk away. There are plenty of good examples but there are also plenty of rusty money pits.

exactly :) if the rust under the engine wasnt there i prob would have taken it (think it had a bit of turbo lag not sure as never been in a turbo car before) the rust on the arch wouldnt have bothered me and a easy fix tbh,

but im defo on the hunt for a nice standard ish supra to make my own :)

btw incase u think im a total chav/ned or what ever ill slap up a pic of my c when i got it and now :)

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/8080/18012008ag3.jpg

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/391/18012008001pf7.jpg

and now :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419104_357983657565996_100000630936983_1163001_1303868947_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/418136_357983134232715_100000630936983_1163000_1311972593_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/420153_357984057565956_100000630936983_1163002_1865091392_n.jpg

also has a few mods inside like LED conversion red dash etc and full leathers :)

Thart supra looks abit like a dog tbh and never heard of that garage before. Have a look in the classifieds here, plenty 5 speed NA up at the moment and you can garantee its been looked after...

Thart supra looks abit like a dog tbh and never heard of that garage before. Have a look in the classifieds here, plenty 5 speed NA up at the moment and you can garantee its been looked after...

you think? meh im still just looking dont have the cash for a car atm like i said need to sell 1 car before i get another :)

chav :) lol..

:lol:

Have a wee look at JakeG's n/a 5-speed in the Classifed section, sure he is flexible on the price :)

Oh and welcome :salute:

will do but all i can do it look and not buy till my c sells :p

Edit: seen this one on PH earlier lols

oh btw for any one in scotland im from montrose :) inbetween dundee and aberdeen (wasnt a scotland - angus area on signing up so tayside was prob closest)

Edited by Gazz (see edit history)

Welcome,

I can confirm that from the quotes i was first getting on prospective cars, the UK spec TT was cheaper than imports.

Id take the good advice already been given and dont rush in. You see the same cars sitting for ages at the moment so time is on your side. Good luck

Welcome,

I can confirm that from the quotes i was first getting on prospective cars, the UK spec TT was cheaper than imports.

Id take the good advice already been given and dont rush in. You see the same cars sitting for ages at the moment so time is on your side. Good luck

Love the avatar :D

Welcome along bud, always good to have another Scottish member. :D

haha thanks :)

Im down in montrose a few times every now and then visiting mates, Will have to keep an eye out for you.

cool any pics of your supra? im hardly out and about just now (lucky to do 3000 miles a year)

Welcome,

ok thanks but there aint very much uk spec N/A's out there either is there :( if any... its hard to find one in scotland let alone anywhere else lol JM imports i look in there every now and then but they are like ££££££ which i dont have :p

Welcome mate!:)

Welcome mate. Remember to check out the events section for Scotland and see if you can come along to any meets, with or without a Supra

i shall do :) currently going to be going to Total vauxhal at crail on the 15th or trying to anyway, but yea i could try pop along to a meet in my c if i still have it.. ill feel odd at a supra meet with a corsa though lol

...you big chav :p

If its nice tomorrow/weekend ill be coming down your way in the supra for a run. Heres some pics - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?263981-After-a-good-snowfoam-and-polish-(pic-heavy)

i click the link and this comes up...

Gazz, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or a members only section? Please see here for details of what sections are only available to club members.

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

but i clicked the "view my supra" and guessing its the silver one lol im working tomorrow night and saturday day time so prob wont be arround to see you out and about :(

i click the link and this comes up...

Gazz, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or a members only section? Please see here for details of what sections are only available to club members.

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

but i clicked the "view my supra" and guessing its the silver one lol im working tomorrow night and saturday day time so prob wont be arround to see you out and about :(

Are you a payed up member, If so then you will be able to see the multimedia section bur yeah its the silver 1 and i really need to update my pics in my garage lol