The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another great Supra in my possession

EMPEROR

Well it's actually for my brother, but still... :)

The car is this one:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?262453-1998-Facelift-SZ-N-A-Auto-Royal-Saphire-Blue-PRICE-DROP!

So very special thanks to Keith (Oscat). Really good and honest guy! He was kind enough to wait for us to arrange our own transportation and the description he gave us was a 100% accurate!

The car here in Bulgaria:

Absolute beauty in really GREAT shape (the car is just dirty from the long trip to my country, otherwise the paint is flawless)! I should mention that Keith even gave it a car wash before selling it! Great guy!

So there we have 2 RSP 98 Supras over here. Mine and my brother's :)

Really happy about it and wanted to share my joy and once again to thank Keith for everything (too bad we are losing such a great member :( )!

Cheers!

Edited by EMPEROR (see edit history)

Nice tell him to look after it

He will, or I will kick his ass :p

That looks great :thumbs:

Thanks mate, it really is :)

Did you manage to do the engine swap on yours ?

Yes, the swap is done and everything is working, apart from the DBW :( This is really a pain in the @ss... I even know how to make traction control to work and everything to be just as a true RZ-S (even RZ), but this DBW is driving me crazy... checked all the wiring few times, 2 different ECUs, 2 different Throttle Bodies with 2 different TPS (one is brand new)... and still can't figure it out... Unfortunately I only have few hours a week to go to the car and work on it and I miss it like hell... But it will be done sooner or later, I won't give up!

Nice car that! Mind seeing the for sale thread a while back!:)

Totally love it and makes me even more sad about mine...

Yes, the swap is done and everything is working, apart from the DBW :( This is really a pain in the @ss... I even know how to make traction control to work and everything to be just as a true RZ-S (even RZ), but this DBW is driving me crazy... checked all the wiring few times, 2 different ECUs, 2 different Throttle Bodies with 2 different TPS (one is brand new)... and still can't figure it out... Unfortunately I only have few hours a week to go to the car and work on it and I miss it like hell... But it will be done sooner or later, I won't give up!

My knowledge with this kind of stuff is very limited at the moment. Has this issue something to do with the fact that the car\engine are the VVTi models? Would it be easier to do this kind of conversion with 100% functionality on a non-vvti NA + non-vvti GTE ?

I really hope you manage to get it working perfectly. The Supra TT is such an awesome car, hope i convert mine this year too, or get the engine at least.

Best of luck

Alex

My knowledge with this kind of stuff is very limited at the moment. Has this issue something to do with the fact that the car\engine are the VVTi models? Would it be easier to do this kind of conversion with 100% functionality on a non-vvti NA + non-vvti GTE ?

I really hope you manage to get it working perfectly. The Supra TT is such an awesome car, hope i convert mine this year too, or get the engine at least.

Best of luck

Alex

I am pretty sure it will work just fine with non-vvti Throttle Body, but I want to make it work with the stock one as it should be. I am just like that. If there is a problem, I won't find peace until I solve it :D

And I wish you luck with your swap mate! :thumbs:

Love those wheels!

I love them too... But I think they will look even better on my RSP :p

I am pretty sure it will work just fine with non-vvti Throttle Body, but I want to make it work with the stock one as it should be. I am just like that. If there is a problem, I won't find peace until I solve it :D

And I wish you luck with your swap mate! :thumbs:

Still have that TB here if you want to buy it :)

There are not many knuckle heads like me to shorten their lifes with VVTi engines :p

But seriously, yes first with the cash takes it, I just don't want to give up on my 2 TBs yet, as I believe it might be a point of adjusting the TPS or bad acceleration sensor... If I don't manage to do this, I will take yours (if it's still there).

i see that the plates on your own supra that you are from sofia, my wife is bulgarian and we have a second house in plovdiv i drove my supra back from plovdiv to england last year and i will never take it back there again the potholes in the road are absolutly crazy, i was driving my range rover on the ring road around sofia heading towards serbia when i hit a pothole that was like the grand canyon and split the sidewall of my tyre and thats in a range rover ok it has 22"inch rims but still they really need to put the money in the roads and not there own pockets.

Is your supra a daily driver your a brave guy if it is as them cobbled streets will also rattle your teeth out, Lol

i see that the plates on your own supra that you are from sofia, my wife is bulgarian and we have a second house in plovdiv i drove my supra back from plovdiv to england last year and i will never take it back there again the potholes in the road are absolutly crazy, i was driving my range rover on the ring road around sofia heading towards serbia when i hit a pothole that was like the grand canyon and split the sidewall of my tyre and thats in a range rover ok it has 22"inch rims but still they really need to put the money in the roads and not there own pockets.

Is your supra a daily driver your a brave guy if it is as them cobbled streets will also rattle your teeth out, Lol

Yeah mate, I know what you are talking about... every time I get my car out for a spin my heart hurts... but fortunately I use it mostly just from home to work, so I know the road by heart and know where every pothole is :)

Btw when were you here for the last time? Next time if you visit Sofia, drop me a PM :) Cheers!

you really like the blue ones eh!, Oscat contacted me regarding the sale so glad it all went (as mine did) smoothly for everyone.

Yeah I have something for RSPs... ever since I saw yours for the first time :D Btw it will be pretty soon back to the road just as brand new with VVTi, Traction and everything, just as stock.....ish :p Oscat also told me he asked you if everything went well :) You both are really great guys and I am really glad I bought the cars from you!