The mkiv Supra Owners Club

charity track day

dr_jekyll

hey guys .

im thinking of organising a trackday to rase funds for neonatal care.

as a few of you knew my lissette was pregnant. 4 weeks ago tomorrow she called me saying she was in a lot of pain so in the style of a wrc i shot her across the city to hospital wher after t nurse took her blood pressure she was swarmed pit stop style by doctors.

after about an houre of treatment we were told she had a sever case of pre-eclamsia and the massive blood pressur ewas causing her liver to fail.

The only option was to take her into emergency surgery and for the is the baby would have to be deliverd at just 28 weeks.

on the 24th of feb at 1.09am againd all ods my little sophia was born weighing just over 1 lb and the little battler even took an unaded breath and emitted a squeek.

shortly after the baby then had to go through verry complex surgery to connect her food pipe to her stomach as it was not fully formed just 6 houres after being born. again she came through it and battled hard.

since then she has been battleing with NEC ( a dangerouse stomache infection) but she still she battles on.

she will be in her incubator until the end of may if all goes well and her weight is now up to a massive 2lbs :)

i was talking to her cares today and with the surgery and medication in the last 4 weeks he estimated the cost of her being there has cost over 6k.

so i was hoping to organise a track daywhere myself and other willing drivers could take people out for a few laps each for a donation towards the special baby care units of the nhs so if i can do this , would we have any drivers that would join me in this and aditionally would those who do not drive on track be intrerstedin poping down a dropping a few pounds in for a run around a track? im hopeing to raise £1000 . its a drop in the ocean i know but if it can pay for a corse of medication for another little one it will make it all worth while.

thanks,

craig

Congratulations Craig!! :)

Send our love from Nush & myself to Liss & Sophia... oh and you can have one yourself too! :p

If I can not make the track day, then I'd be happy to put in a donation to help raise some money, let me know.

I'd be interested in a track day but would like my first one to be with the club so there are no (well not many ;)) idiots there. If this is arranged and it's a day I can make it, I'd be very up for this.

All the best to your other half and your daughter :)

Craig man, congratulations to you and Lisette.

I hope little Sophia is doing fine as I write this and I dearly hope she comes through it all with a smile for Mam & Dad.

Keep fighting the good fight sweetie!!:urock:

Obviously I won't make any trackday buddy, but you can put me down for a donation, this is a cause deserving of support if there ever was. I spent enough time in the critical care unit with my daughter Alex to know that the people who care for sick babies deserve all the help we can give them. They really are a special group.

I'll keep an eye out for details about donations but in the meantime the very best of luck to you mate.

I'd be up for this. Maybe its worth contacting a few tracks and seeing if you can get discount, to help put money into the pot. They may also help with advertising, as I've seen a charity track day at castle combe not too long ago.

Congratualtions and my thoughts are with you and your family, hope things go ok :)

I would be up for it as well and more than happy to take people out in my car.

However it all depends on which track its at (+1 for castle combe)

Either way I will make a donation even if I cant make it.

You may have already thought of this but it may be worth saying you are doing a charity day when you come to book the track. You will possibly get a descent discount on it.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

yes . ill contact a few tracks and try and get some good coverage to atrrack as many people as possible . id quietlike a day a castle coombe but have to weigh up costs to see it will be viable

Castle comeb is a nice track and its fairly priced IIRC from when I enquired.

Driving on an actual track as opposed to a runway with cones is far far FAR better :)

Goodwood wasn't super expensive to hire, last time I looked round (£3k ish) - for comparison, Llandow was

Goodwood strike me as the sorts of people who may discount a charity day hire cost - I may be wrong but worth asking.

Alternatively, ask one of the independent track day companies like BookaTrack if they would flex some of their discount muscle on your behalf and/or get involved helping out.

Edited by SteveR
typo fix (see edit history)

Goodwood wasn't super expensive to hire, last time I looked round (£3k ish) - for comparison, Llandow was

Goodwood strike me as the sorts of people who may discount a charity day hire cost - I may be wrong but worth asking.

Alternatively, ask one of the independent track day companies like BookaTrack if they would flex some of their discount muscle on your behalf and/or get involved helping out.

To add to this Castle combe I think was around the 3k mark too IIRC.

Asking an independant track day company to get invloved may be a good shout :)

I'd be up for this date permitting.

I know it's a bit far north for a lot of members, but can probably wangle either Teeside Autodrome, Elvington, Oulton Park or Seven Sisters for the price of a donation to the marshals and Ambulance.

that sound exelent. ive sent a few emails to try and get somer coverage ect. seeing if i can get any cameras from sport relief