The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Work Wheel work ?

mattdavies

Good question! Personally I always go for wider wheels on the rear and thinner on the front, as im sure this aids with handling. I'm almost sure having wide fronts will reduce the steering response. Not 100% but sure someone will be along to correct me soon ;)

Ok then well I have found someone selling the same wheels in 18x8.5 et 30, which is good for the front. So now either need to invest then split the sets or find some one who wants a set and share the cost.

What finish do they have mate and what's the cost, may be interested?

Did they come with tyres? Which ones.

Ok then well I have found someone selling the same wheels in 18x8.5 et 30, which is good for the front. So now either need to invest then split the sets or find some one who wants a set and share the cost.

You'll need wheel arches on the rear to make them legal.

I am currently looking into getting the back milled down by an engineering firm so they will sit under the arches.

Be very careful there Matt. A maximum of a mill or two shaved off is possible/safe but if Nic's calculations are correct and 12mm needs to be removed in order for the rims to be legal under stock arches then you run the very possible risk of weakening the rims to the point that they simply won't cope. There simply won't be enough material left at the bolt holes, between the mounting surface and the taper, to carry the car's weight.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok i can see the logo on there now on that pic. Weird looking model though,

I would suggest posting up a clearer pic and the size inside the wheel.

most models look totally different + were made in max width of 9,5.

:) good luck with the search for swap/ different arches.

But like James said, i would get them refurbed and coated, they will look great after that...