The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need to borrow money for short term..

Jamesy

Can anyone point me in right direction... Or offer lol

Found a car i really really want abroad and the 2 interested in mine wont be able to give cash i need in time

I know irs not a great idea but in tempted to borrow the money (£17k) for a few months til i sell mine. Where can i go for a short term loan, or any other ideas to bridge the gap?? :search:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO mate, DON'T!!! Wwhat happens if the 2 buyers for your car pull out, or can't get the funding. Your going to be stuck. Yes its a car that you so want, but its not worth the risk in this climate at the moment.

This.

If you can't fund it without selling, then don't buy it.

If you want it BAD enough, then reduce the price of yours for a quicker sale.

Mafia ?? :)

In all seriousness though, Lloyds tsb or any other bank really.

I personally wouldnt do it, only due to the fact that what has been said already.. Is it really worth the risk ?

Get some links or pictures of the car in discussion and we can tell you if its a bad idea or good ;)

IMO mate, DON'T!!! Wwhat happens if the 2 buyers for your car pull out, or can't get the funding. Your going to be stuck. Yes its a car that you so want, but its not worth the risk in this climate at the moment.

Yeah thats what my misses said.

Im pretty confident that one of the 2 buyers is good for it. I admit its a bit dangerous but absolute worst case is id have to break my car if it didnt sell, but i'll do everything else possible before thag.

What i was thinking is if i borrowed £17k say over 5yrs the monthly payments wouldnt be TOO bad and even if it takes 5/6 months to sell i will be able to clear the loan and have some change.

1000% interest and 1 kidney as a deposit.....................call 0800 Dudefastloan !!!!!

Theres a history of kidney problems in my family, and my lungs are a bit screwed from smoking, i can offer you my left ear which only rings occassionally. ;)

Yeah thats what my misses said.

Im pretty confident that one of the 2 buyers is good for it. I admit its a bit dangerous but absolute worst case is id have to break my car if it didnt sell, but i'll do everything else possible before thag.

What i was thinking is if i borrowed £17k say over 5yrs the monthly payments wouldnt be TOO bad and even if it takes 5/6 months to sell i will be able to clear the loan and have some change.

the repayments will be around the £370 mark and you will be paying them back around 22k over the five year loan on lloyds TSB

you could die tomorrow buy it and sell yours mate! get the money how ever it sounds youve made your mind up anyway ;)

You make it sound as if selling his current car is easy. In this climate that is not the case.

1000% interest and 1 kidney as a deposit.....................call 0800 Dudefastloan !!!!!

:D They're so last years rates Dude. 2-3000% is the new 1000% (more on wonga or quick quid, shark etc). :eyebrows:

Jamesy. I do believe companies like wonga etc exist because the banks have plugged the holes for settling up loans taken over a long period early. There will be settlement fees.

Forget about it 'til yours sells. :)

another car will come up, as said wait. things can go wrong fast and the banks and what not are still in major trouble with the recession the way it is. but could you not add it to your morgage (if you have one) and then pay that off once you sell the car , just and idea not what i would do at all,

if you still use you car then anyone could smash into you at any point and you would be stuffed if they had no insurance